FOUR: REEFER RICK

Eve sat silently in the corner as Robin, Max and Dustin rang person after person in hopes of finding Eddie's whereabouts, she didn't want any part in what was going on, knowing it was leading to nothing good whatsoever. The idea of shit going bad again made her feel sick, wanting nothing more than a normal year with no weird supernatural shit, and no problems.

She was busy watching her brother trying to flirt with a girl via movie references - it was funny considering she knew the girl had a boyfriend, they'd go to the pool all the time together, and they were hard to miss.

"Hey guys, I think I might have a lead," Max says to them, putting down her phone and making Eve's eyes move to her rather than her brother. Max's eyes met hers, and Eve quickly looked away and over to Dustin.

"Seriously?" He asks, a smile on his face as Steve leads the girl he had been trying to flirt with to the exit.

"Yeah," Max nods, brushing off the hurt she felt that Eve couldn't even look at her, "Apparently, Eddie gets drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there."

"That sounds promising," Robin nods, "Where does this Reefer Rick guy live?"

"That's the thing. No one knows," Max says, and Eve looks to the floor quickly. She knew. She knew very well, "He's more of a... a legend than someone that people actually know."

"What about a last name?" Dustin asks, casting a look over to Eve, whose eyes would not leave the floor.

"I don't know that either," Max responds.

"Bet the cops know the last name," Steve says from where he's stacking shelves.

"What?" Max asks.

"Cops," Steve repeats himself, "I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system."

"Cops? Really Steve? That's your suggestion?" Dustin asks incredulously - maybe a year ago that would've been easier, but they didn't have Hopper anymore - they didn't have anyone in law enforcement that could help, not quickly.

"No, I agree," Eve decides to speak up, making the four look over at her, "I think they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on."

"You think Eddie's guilty?" Dustin then asks, "Don't you?"

"That is not what I'm inferring..." Eve began quietly.

"No, I think it is," Dustin shakes his head, "You know, if that's your logic, Lucas and Max should've called the cops when you went psycho and tried to kill El last year, or when you hit them, or when-"

"Hey, dude, that was completely different, That was the mind flayer, not Eve," Steve sticks up for his sister quickly, watching as she quickly retreated back into her shell, looking at the floor.

"But we don't know if its that different at all - that's why we need to find Eddie with no cops first, get a grasp of what's going on," Dustin argues back

"I don't think we should rule out the possibility that Eddie is just your classic murderer," Steve argues back.

"That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve," Max says, looking rather annoyed by the whole situation.