6

Guess Who! Yeah, I'm back, though to be fair, I did warn you all it might be a little bit. Even still, wasn't planning on it being a full month. Before you read, I want it made very clear that this is a fanfiction and I can very well put whatever I bloody well like in it, got it? More specifically, please do not hate on the numerous Doctor Who references in this chapter, they fit so well and I'm on a bit of a binge-a-thon bender thing. With that said, all rights of characters go to supernatural and if it seems vaguely familiar and you're a Whovian, then what seems familiar probably belongs to Doctor Who, not me. I claim no ownership whatsoever. Cool, enjoy.

Children are curious creatures. They always do things for a reason, no matter how insignificant that reason may seem. For instance, crying. Walk past any crying child under the age of twelve and they will probably be loudly sobbing or throwing a tantrum complete with ear-breaking screams haphazardly thrown insults or pleas. They cry for attention, if they want something, if they are hurt, or if they're afraid. For the few times a child cries silently, any parent could tell you that they are crying because they just can't stop. 

Victoria was dead silent after her terrifying visions, trying her hardest to not burst into hysterics and demand that her mom run and never look back. In the front seat of the Impala, Dean and Sterling were talking in hushed tones about the risk they were about to take, the plan, and even the future. 

Silent tears slipped down the little girls face as she furiously looked out the window, trying to not catch her parents attention. There was nothing they would do that could make her feel better anyway and she knew it. 

Eventually, the car slowed and stopped. Victoria hastily wiped her eyes clear of any tears and brushed the lingering drops off her cheeks. Sighing, she unbuckled and got out of the car, following her parents glumly. 

When they reached John and Sam, she turned to her dad and hugged him tightly. "See you soon, Vicky." He mumbled to her softly, kissing the crown of her head. 

"See you soon, Daddy," She responded. 

Turning on her heel, Victoria raced to Sam, who picked her up under her armpits and spun her around. "You've got to be strong for a little bit, okay kiddo? We'll see you you soon but you've got to hang in there." 

"Okay Uncle Sam, I'll see you in a little bit right?" 

"Right, bye kiddo." 

Once Victoria was safely strapped into the back of John's truck and the guns were exchanged, Sterling breathed out shakily and moved over to Dean. "I promised I would teach you how to say goodbye." Staring into his green eyes that she would get lost in all those years back, she smiled a genuine smile. "If you've ever loved me, say it like you're going to see me again. And then, give me a smile and turn around. Walk to your car and don't look back because I'll know that it means you'll always remember me." 

With glassy eyes, Dean let out a shaky breath and brushed her cheek with his hand. Pressing a soft kiss to her forehead, he met her eyes and smiled, "See you around, Sterling," 

Fighting back a sob and swallowing the lump in her throat, Sterling nodded and forced a smile of her own, "Until the next time, Dean," She nodded the entire time. 

They stared at each other for one more moment, ensuring that they would never forget the face, no matter what. Then, Dean smiled one last time, and turned around, walking towards the Impala. Letting out a shaky breath and allowing a tear or two to fall, Sterling smiled then did the same. 

"Ready for this, Kid?" John asked the mother of his granddaughter. 

Like his son, John didn't believe in coincidences, but he did believe in allowing people a choice. Sterling knew that John was giving her one last chance to back out and run as far away from Lincoln and her death as physically possible.