4

After the strange incident at the diner, the group made the decision that Sterling and Victoria would stay in Salvation while the Winchester's finished hunting the demon that killed Mary Winchester many years prior. Once that was done, they would be given new identities and a new home far away from where they were, and they would get on with their lives. 

This led, to Victoria and Sterling checking out of their room as John paid for a room conjoining the three men's so that the two could be better protected. 

For the rest of the day, John, Sam, and Dean were out working on finding which child the demon would select that week. Victoria was contently sitting and watching cartoons in the men's room when Dean and John came back in with a bunch of papers. 

"Hey Kiddo," John greeted with a tight smile, trying to lug in all of the copies he had gotten in one go. 

Smiling, Victoria jumped up, "Hi Grandpa, Hi Daddy." 

"Hey Vicky," Dean said, setting his stack on the table. He glanced at the TV curiously, "What are you watching?" 

"Kim Possible! She's the coolest!" Victoria exclaimed happily. She looked at all the papers with a confused expression, tilting her head. "What are you doing?" 

The two men looked at the papers they had just carried in then back at the girl, "Adult homework." They answered at the same time. 

What was expected to send Victoria running back to her cartoons, only got a bright smile from the girl, "I'm good at homework, can I help?" She asked, rushing over to look at the table, and all of the paper stacked high on it. 

Giving the girl an odd look, Dean looked over at Sterling, who had just exited the bathroom, hair wet from a shower. "You sure she's mine and isn't Sam's?" 

"Shut up Dean, she is most definitely your's," Sterling grumbled before picking up her daughter, earning delighted squeals from the child. "You should leave the boring adult work to the adults and find out if Kim Possible will beat Shego in this episode." 

Victoria sat down on the bed and gave her mother a suspicious look, "You're trying to distract me." 

"Is it working?" 

After a moments consideration, looking between the papers and the cartoon, Victoria huffed, "Yes." 

The girl had gotten through one episode, the theme song for the next starting up when Sam came into the room, looking worried. "Uncle Sammy!" 

"Hey, Tori! Kim Possible? Good show." He said, acknowledging his niece, despite it being half-hearted as he was more focused on the case at hand. 

The girl beamed at the man and nodded. "Yeah, it's the best." 

Turning to the adults in the room, Sam quickly started explaining that he knew which child the Demon would go after then how he knew that. By the end of the explanation, Dean, John, and Sterling were all sitting there, looking worried as Victoria was barely concealing the fact that she was definitely eavesdropping on the conversation. 

"A vision." John clarified, as though it hadn't been made abundantly clear the first time. 

Slowly, Sam nodded his head, "Yes. I saw the demon burning a woman on the ceiling." 

Victoria winced, thinking about how terrible it would be to be burned alive. She had once gotten a second-degree sunburn, and that was horrible. If it was anything like that, then Victoria pitied the woman.

Still unsure of the accuracy of the information being provided, John started asking probing questions, trying to understand why they should assume something just because Sam said so. "And you think this is going to happen to this woman you met because..."