1

Victoria Jean Winchester Smith has always known that the man she calls dad is not her real father. Yet, as a six-year-old little girl, she just can't see the man as anything else. He raised her, comforted her when she was scared or sad and taught her everything she knew.

For all intents and purposes, Johnathan Smith was her father. Which is why the young girl was holding her mother's hand tightly as she stared wide-eyed at the man. "Daddy? Daddy, why are you crying?" Victoria asked softly, the harsh smell of antiseptics harassed her nose.

He smiled weakly at her. Johnathan knew it was coming to the end of the road, soon his brain would shut down and then it wouldn't be long until extensive organ failure happened and he passed. And yet, he couldn't leave his girls without letting them know what he had seen. 

"I'm crying happy tears," Johnathan lied softly, "Because I got to be part of your life and watch you grow, I'm so proud of you my number one." He told her with a soft smile, brushing her cheek with his hand. "Sweetheart, go wait in the hall with Auntie for a moment, Daddy and Mommy need to talk." 

Nodding Victoria left the room and waited patiently on the bench outside. "Will Daddy be okay?" 

Shelby, Victoria's young aunt, looked down at her niece, who looked so much like her father with a worried look on her face, "I don't know baby." 

Sterling sat next to her husband, her hand gripping onto his for dear life, "You can't leave me. I won't let you." 

"We don't really get much of a choice in the matter Silver." He pointed out with a smile. "Silver, I have to tell you, the thing that attacked me, it wasn't human," Johnathan said in a hushed whisper. 

Pulling back, Sterling stared at her husband in shock. Not because she thought he was crazy, but because she was remembering his reaction years ago when she told him she believed in ghosts. Of course, she hadn't always. "What are you saying?" 

"I don't know what it was, but it was down the ally way one minute and the next instant it appeared before me and the rest is history," Johnathan explained in a shaken voice. His eyes became dark and hooded, "When I die," 

"Don't say that you aren't going to die." 

Johnathan gave his wife a look and continued talking, "When I die, I want you to take Victoria and get the hell out of here. Find someone who can protect you and lay low. They said that they wanted her - Victoria because her grandfather had some kind of gun. they want to use her as leverage." 

Sterling nodded and looked at her hands, "Then we'll hide, stay on the move, always cash and no card-"

Johnathan grabbed Sterling's shaking hands and her chin, forcing her to stop and look at him. "You know what I meant. You need to find this Dean Winchester you told me about, tell him about her, and do whatever it takes to get him to protect the two of you. She deserves a childhood where she isn't moving or cut off from family Sterling." 

The woman sighed and nodded. "I promise." She said softly. 

"Good, now get my Number One home, she needs sleep." He said fondly. 

When Victoria walked back in the room, she hugged her dad tightly, careful to not jostle his gaping stomach wound. "You take care of your Mommy Number One." 

"You got it, Captain." She replied, saluting him and earning one in return before her mother grabbed her hand and escorted the girl out of the hospital. 

The pair were standing in the elevator when Victoria started to cry. "Honey bun's, what's wrong?" Sterling asked her daughter worriedly, kneeling down and taking her daughter's face in her hands.