Chapter 8: Don't Be Sorry

A/N: Thanks for the 1k reads guys! Love u❣️
_____________________

The next day, I decided to bring Rae to her house to see if it could trigger a memory or something.

The house was entirely black and dark, it was kinda creepy. We couldn't go inside since Rachel didn't remember where her and her parents were hiding the key to the front door. We stood on the porch and she looked inside. She was able to see some picture frames of her and her family and friends. The walls and the floor were a dark colour too. Rachel backed away from the window and looked back at me. "That's where I lived? That's kinda creepy"

"Yep... I gotta admit that it's creepy, but you liked it like that way" The purple haired girl glanced at the window. "Anything familiar? A memory or a feeling coming back to the surface?" She shook her head. I sighed in hopelessness.

We stayed silent for some minutes until my phone started ringing. It was Richard. I picked up the phone. "Hey, Dick?"

"Hey Gar. I was going to go visit Rach with Kory at the hospital, but-"

I quickly interrupted him, feeling the panic in his voice. "Oh, don't worry she's with me. Rae left the hospital, she's at my house now"

I heard Dick sigh in relief on the other side of the line. "Oh my god I was so scared for a second!"

I chuckled at him. "Is that all you called me for?" I then heard a female voice murmur something to him and a guy's voice say something else. "Are Vic and Kory with you?" He hummed a 'yes'.

"Yeah, they're here. Vic's asking if you and Rach would like to come over"

Anders suddenly took the phone to say a little something. "We missed her so much"

"Wait a minute" I turned to Rachel. "Do you wanna hang out with the others, Dick, Victor and Kory?" She nodded happily, it made me grin at her. "We're coming, when?"

The three others started talking a little. "Now maybe? If it's okay with you two"

I turned to Rachel again. "Are you okay with leaving now?" She nodded again. "We're coming" I told my friends.

"Cool, we're at the Wayne Manor. See you later" He hung up.

When we arrived at the manor, Kory ran out of the mansion and gave a big bear hug to Rae. "RACHEL! I am so happy to see you!" Roth sighed in relief when the red haired girl finally stopped crushing her bones with her hug. "Come inside friends" We followed Kory into the manor. She told us that Dick and Vic were in the living room in the basement.

"Woah" Said Rachel when she entered the manor. She was impressed. I mean, that manor is huge, I don't blame her. Some minutes later, we went in the basement and said hi to the others.

"Rach-" Dick hugged her. "It's great to see you somewhere other than that hospital room"

Vic walked closer to us and gave the purple haired teen a quick hug. "Hey lil sis, good to see you here"

"So, did anything come back to you? Any memories or..." Asked Richard. My crush slowly shook her head with disappointment and sadness.

"Nothing special, sorry" Rachel told him, looking down at her black boots.

Kory places a hand on her shoulder and gave her a smile. "You do not have to be sorry, this is not your fault friend Rachel"

Richard finished for his girlfriend. "You'll remember when the comes"

After that, we watched one of Rae's favourite horror movies and we played some games and talked together. We had a lot of fun. She was able to remember somethings, but nothing huge. She had a great moment too and that I was really glad she was remembering somethings. I just wished she would remember if she had feelings for me before the accident.

We came back home at around 7 PM. My parents were occupied. We sat down on the couch in the living room and started talking. I joked around and she rolled her ocean eyes like she always did. It was still the Rachel Roth I knew and love.

"What do you call a can opener that doesn't work?"

She groaned in annoyance and muttered. "Oh no, not again"

"A can't opener" I started laughing at my own joke while she hid her face in her hands. "Get it?"

"Yeah I get it" She said, still hiding her face. "Could you stop with the jokes now, I'm gonna get an headache" I chuckled at her and nodded.

Some hours later, we left to her respective rooms and went to sleep. 'I hope she remembers soon'
I thought as I laid in my bed.