Chapter 3: Amnesia

Rachel woke up with a loud gasp, waking me up. "RACHEL!" I yelled happily. The doctors came in and tried to calm her down.

"Mister Logan, could you please leave the room for some minutes?" I nodded at the doctor.

I sat on a chair next to the door. After some minutes, the doctor told me I could go back inside. Rae was sitting on the bed, she seemed scared and confused. "Rae? Are you okay?" She started to try and get farther from me as I walked closer. "Its me... Gar"

She shook her head. "W-W-Who are you? And who's Rachel?" My green eyes widened. She didn't remembered me. The girl I loved had forgot about me. I stood there, frozen. I couldn't accept it.

"Rae you have to remember. I'm your best friend. We've known each other for years-" She started screaming for help. "Rach calm down"

A doctor came in. "What's happening? Miss Roth are you okay?"

She started to scream in terror again, it hurt my heart so freaking much to see her suffer like this. It wasn't supposed to be like that. My Rae didn't deserved this, she doesn't deserve anything bad to happen to her. "Stop calling me that!" The doctor clearly and quickly understood what was happening so she looked at me with a face that said "I'm sorry, but I think its time to leave. We'll tell you when you can come back" I did as the lady asked and left the room. I could hear the woman trying to calm down my crush.

After 15 minutes, the screaming and yelling stopped and the woman came out of the room. 'Dude what's happening? She has to remember me... right? It must be the shock, I mean she just woke up from a coma so... I'm right? No?' I groaned.

"Mister Logan? Follow please" I stood up and entered inside Rae's room once again. I saw fear and panic in her eyes. "We think-no she has lost her memory. I am sorry, but your friend here has amnesia" I didn't want it to be like that, it wasn't supposed to be like that. "We just need to try and make her remember somethings, who knows? Maybe her memories will come back as quickly as it disappeared-" A man from behind the woman interrupted her. He was looked through files and papers. "Don't think so" It didn't really helped me.

"Dude can't you at least have hope?" He rolled his eyes and left the room. "What do I do?" She nodded in Rachel's direction. I had to talk with her. "Rae? Don't be scared it's me, Garfield, you're best friend. Do you remember me?" She shook her head. "You're name is Rachel Roth, you do remember this right?" She shook her head again. I was losing hopes. "Your parents? The accident? Anything?" Still the same answer. I sighed in hopelessness.

I stayed there talking to her for at least an hour. It hadn't changed anything. She couldn't remember. The doctors told me that I could come back the next morning with some friends or some objects and pictures that could make her remember something. They said she would stay at the hospital for some time, but that's normal since she had been in a coma for a really long time. 'All I can do now is hope'