Chapter 3 - Azkaban

Less than an hour later, Narcissa was packed and ready when she found Harry, Ron, Lucius and their travelling guard waiting by the front door.  It wasn’t until they were passing the wrought iron gates did Lucius speak up.

“Incidentally, what will happen to the manor now that we won’t be returning?”

“If we can’t remove all the curses and jinxes it’ll be condemned, made unplottable and unseen to Muggles.” Ron answered.

“And if you are successful?”

“It will be renovated and turned into a Muggle orphanage.” Harry answered.

Narcissa chuckled darkly at the sight of the seething look on Lucius’ face.

“I wonder how long the Ministry can control the Dementors this time before they allow another outbreak.” Lucius hissed as they apparated onto the edge of a cliff twenty miles outside of Liverpool.

“The Dementors are no longer in charge of Azkaban.” Ron spoke above the rush of the waves beneath them.  “Minister Shacklebolt saw to that.”

“Really?” Lucius snickered, “How then will they keep their prisoners at bay?”

“The Dementors are still there, Malfoy.  They’re prisoners themselves now.”

“Are they really?” Harry whispered to Ron, out of earshot of the others.

“Yes, I’ll show you when we get there.”

To the right of them stood three Thestral’s happily grazing awaiting their appearance.  Malfoy climbed on the middle Thestral, behind a surly looking Wizard from Law Enforcement.  Ron and another Wizard, equally red haired as Ron himself is, took the Thestral to the left whilst Harry clambered onto the right one.

“We’ll wait here with Mrs Malfoy.” A bearded Wizard, standing on Narcissa’s left inclined himself and a rather brutish looking Witch.

“I’d rather she stayed with me, thanks.” Harry said irritably, holding his hand out for Narcissa.

“She stays with us.” The Witch says, tightening her grip around Narcissa’s upper arm.

“They’ve been Imperiused!” The redheaded Wizard behind Ron bellows.

“Stupefy!” Harry calls out, pointing his wand at first the Witch then the Wizard in turn just as they pull out their own wands.  “Narcissa, with me please.”

Narcissa takes Harry’s helping hand on to the back of the Thestral as the redheaded Wizard summons ropes to bind the unconscious Witch and Wizard together with a flick of his wand.

“I’ll leave them here and collect them when we return.” He says, climbing up behind Ron once more.

“Leave your bags, Narcissa.  We’ll be back for them shortly.”

“Right, I’ll take the lead,” Ron started instructin, “then Reynolds with Malfoy and Harry will take up the rear.  All right?”

“Right.” Said Harry and Reynolds in unison.

Ron and the redheaded Wizard took to the air first, the latter clinging to the former for dear life.  Reynolds, an older balding Wizard, followed a minute afterwards, followed by Harry and Narcissa.

“Hold on tight, Narcissa.” Harry called over his shoulder.  “I hope you’re dressed warmly enough.”