Chapter 9 - Evicting Mrs Black

When Harry arrived at number twelve Grimmauld Place, he found Hermione and Fleur anxiously awaiting their arrival.  They led them down to the kitchen where Neville, Luna, Hagrid, Dean Thomas and Cho Chang were waiting for them.

“Is there anyone else coming?” Harry asked, worried.  “I was hoping for a bigger turn out.”

“We haven’t heard back from everyone, mate.” Said George.  “More will come.”

“McGonagall, Flitwick and Madam Pomfrey are rounding up all the teachers and staff at Hogwarts.” Hagrid reassured him.  “They’ll be here soon enough.”

“Good.”

“That’s the door.” Hermione shrieked, leaping to her feet before bounding up the stairs after Harry.

Harry quietened an irate Mrs Black whilst Hermione opened the door to reveal Kingsley, Lee Jordan, the Patil twins and Seamus Finnigan.  Those unfamiliar with the Noble House of Black looked around in outright shock.  Their surroundings quite obviously promoted the allegiance to dark magic, no matter how much they cleaned the filth and removed all the dangers the house held, it was still a home for dark wizards.

“I know you’ve got a lot of questions but I’m afraid they’ll have to wait.  If you head downstairs you can have a cup of tea till everyone else is here.” Harry instructed them.

As soon as they were out of sight, the door bell chimed again.  This time it was more members of the DA whom had survived the battle.  Hannah Abbot of Hufflepuff,  Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell of Gryffindor, Michael Corner and Terry Boot of Ravenclaw were just a few who passed Harry and Hermione where they were told to head down to the kitchen as well.

“There isn’t going to be enough room for everyone once the teachers get here.” Hermione said reasonably.

“Don’t worry.  Once they get here, we’ll bring them all back up here.”

Everyone surrounded the Weasley’s when they entered the kitchen once more.  Wishing Percy and Arthur a speedy recovery, offering kind words before embracing them each in turn.  Hermione took Ron into her arms before kissing him sweetly as he avoided his brothers’ eyes.  Ginny slipped her arm around Harry’s waist and he did the same, kissing her forehead as the doorbell rang once more.

“That’ll be the rest.” Said Harry.

“Shall we all go up?” she asked.

“Give me a couple minutes.” He said, picking up the portrait by the sink and taking Teddy from Andromeda.

The others watched him go, taking the stairs two at a time to answer the door.  He left Dumbledore’s portrait at the bottom of the next flight of stairs, opposite the front door.  Teddy happily hugged Harry’s neck while the door swung open to reveal the staff and teacher’s of Hogwarts, the remaining members of the Order of the Phoenix and half the inhabitants of Hogsmeade including Dumbledore’s brother Aberforth, Madam Rosmerta, the owners of Honeydukes and Elphias Doge.

“Afternoon, if you’d like to head into the tapestry room on your left we’ll just bring everyone up from the kitchen.”

“What’s going on, Potter?” asked Professor McGonagall, leading the way in.

“I’m sure you’ll have questions, Professor, and I promise you will get answers, just bare with me.”

“Harry, where do you want them?” called Ginny, the first to ascend the basement stairs.