XI

XI

Percy bolted upright, breathing heavily, looking around in straight confusion and shock, his head thumping, giving Percy a headache. Whispers erupted from around him, Percy's vision still blurred and groggy. Percy observed his surroundings, looking around in straight confusion, his eyes still adjusting to the light, his vision impaired from the sudden movement. His eyes finally adjusted, the darkness disappearing from his eyes, finally getting a good grip on his surroundings.

"Woah, you're awake." Someone said, instantly startling Percy, making him jump in surprise. Percy strained his eyes, looking at the source of the voice, to his surprise, a boy around his age, give or take was standing there with a raised eyebrow, confused and a little bit shocked too.

"Damn, um, I'm not supposed to interact with potential threatsbut, why are you here?" He asked, Percy shook his head, trying to speak, only to find out that he couldn't, shocker.

"Oh, you can't speak." He said, furrowing his eyebrows in concentration.

"It's not safe here you know, they might mistake you as one of them." He said, Percy raised an eyebrow.

"We're on an operation here of some sort, they might mistake you as one of them, they might kill you." He explained, it didn't give much context as to what he was saying. Percy noticed they were on a rocky landform, the land itself forming cracks, as if deprived of water. Percy turned towards the person talking, only now noticing his clothes. The person was wearing a white cloak that reached to his knees, arm pads on his forearms, black gloves, and combat boots. In addition, he wore a pair of plain trousers with a white tunic underneath. What Percy took an interest on was a bright Red Cross across the front of his cloak along with chain mail armor for extra protection. Percy raised an eyebrow, pointing at his chest, he raised an eyebrow, looking at the cross, realization hitting him.

"Oh it's our symbol." He stated, Percy raised an eyebrow at his choice of wordings. Our, which meant there were more of them.

"We're on a quest to reclaim what was rightfully ours." He said enthusiastically, Percy again raised an eyebrow, giving a lot of shade as to what they were doing.

"We are here to take back what they have taken from us, what they have stolen from us." He said, Percy raised an eyebrow.

"You must be wondering what we are fighting exactly." He said smiling, scratching the back of his head, Percy nodded, he didn't know what and why they were taking something back, or why they're fighting for it.

"We are fighting these monsters, these are the most dangerous of them all, they have the ability to transform into humans like us, they are shape shifters, they invaded our home land, and now we are here to take it back." He said.

"We are on a crusade, to take back the holy land." He said with pride.

"Anyways, I'm going to stop blabbering, you better go, they might mistake you as one of them." He said, Percy sighed, nodding. Right after a shout was heard, giving Percy a slight churn in his stomach, something wasn't right, Percy grew suspicious, looking around the vicinity. There stood one of them, one of e crusaders, standing tall and proud, holding out a sword that glimmered in the sun, wearing their colours of white and red, a Cross visibly seen on his chest. It was another one of those crusaders.

"Step away from him Wymer, back away from it." The man said, the person who Percy was speaking to, which he guessed was named Wymer, looked at the guy with wide eyes