ZERO

PROLOGUE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

0. the disappearing act !

— DECEMBER 9TH SEEMED LIKE IT WAS GOING TO BE A WONDERFULLY MEMORABLE DAY

DECEMBER 9TH SEEMED LIKE IT WAS GOING TO BE A WONDERFULLY MEMORABLE DAY. But 'wonderful' didn't seem like the right word.

After decorating the house for their favourite holiday, Jonathan and his older brother Vincent had met up with some friends at their favourite diner. They spent most of the day laughing and gossiping and chowing down on Pop's famous basket fries.

It was perfect and innocent, just as their day's normally were.

Not one of them were aware of the shadows settling into their small town, too preoccupied with watching their redheaded friend laugh so hard his chocolate milkshake made a second appearance coming out his nose. Vincent was struggling to hold his own laughter down, while Jonathan was helping Kevin Keller dry his shirt in hopes that the milkshake stain wouldn't set because unfortunately, Kevin was sitting across from the poor Archie Andrews.

As Archie grabbed a few napkins to dry his nose, the beautiful blonde Betty Cooper turned her attention to the diner's window, gasping at the sight.

"It's snowing!"

All eyes went to the skies, watching the unique flakes tumble gracefully through the air.

They simply enjoyed the moment in each other's presence.

It was like the calm before the storm.

Before long, everyone had to leave. Betty claimed that her and her sister, Polly, were going to bake Christmas cookies while Archie jokingly offered to eat some. So the two made their way out into the cold.

Kevin left sometime after, saying he had to plan out his dad's Christmas gift before it was too late, knowing how forgetful he could be.

This left the brothers, Jonathan and Vincent. They finished off the fourth basket of fries that night, said goodbye to Pop, and stepped out of the diner, unknowing of what lie ahead.

A walk home was simple, they didn't live that far and the snow had only just started to fall, barely a layer on the ground.

Easy. Routine.

That's what it was supposed to be.

But when they didn't show up at home around 8:00 pm. The King's family started to get worried as the snow blew in more harshly than it had earlier.