18

18 | Paper Delivery Boy
Song: Come out and play
By: Billie Eilish

August 23, 2018 (Same day)

The first block started 10 minutes ago. Ashton didn't come into class. I think I scared him off. Oops. Noah's not here either.

The teacher was writing something on the board so I took out my phone and texted Noah. She's been missing school often lately.

I texted her saying, "Where are you?" But before hit send, I thought about our fight. Am I avoiding it? No. I'm just worried about her. What? I can't be?

I hit send and it sent. Then I noticed the last text she sent me. She sent, "Do you like me?" And then she said she was drunk. Wait she doesn't drink. She's told me she never wants to drink. EVER. But she did tell me that when we were little so that statement can change over time, right?

But was she lying?

It's been 5 minutes and she didn't reply. She usually replies quickly.

I turn to Ashton, who was on his phone. "Pstt"

He looked up and already gave me an annoyed look. "What?" He said.

"Where's Noah?" I asked him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Then I heard him let out a chuckle. Then he started texting someone. Better not be Noah.

He didn't notice but I looked over at his phone and saw a girl's name. 'JT'.

Maybe their dating?

I sat forward in my seat and watched the clock for the rest of the class.

***

It's lunch and I still haven't seen Noah yet. I'm getting worried. She hasn't answered my text.

If I don't see her today, I'll see her tomorrow. My manager is making me work at the Café after school.

She'll be in an interview for the art job. She's gonna get the job, I can feel it.

The bell for Block 5 rang and people started to surround me. I walked to the health building and find my classroom.

I sit in my heat in front of Noah's empty desk and waiting until the teacher got there.

When the late bell rang, the teacher came rushing in with a big stack of papers.

"Good evening guys, today we're going to go over the guidelines for the health project." He said.

He passed out the papers and we went over it. It was five pages long so it took up almost our whole class time to go over it.

When we finish, the teacher asked the class, "Is anyone in here friends with Ms. Baker?"

Does he mean Noah?

I slowly raised my hand up and he spotted it. He waved his hands, informing me to come over. I got up and went to his desk.