5

5 | The Scrunchy
Song: Again
By: Sasha Sloan

Same day (Aug. 6, 2018)

Going to art class. I'm nervous.

I saw a lot of kids walk in the same room I was going to. They looked harmless. I hope.

When I got to the classroom and opened the door, there were these four big tables they were all full.

I looked at the first table, all the seats were taken. The second table, there was one spot left but I hesitated because it was all boys, they all looked like f*ckboy seniors.

Third table, full and fourth table, there was one seat. I looked up at the kids at the table and looked at them carefully before I make my decision.

"Hey!" Someone called out.

I turned my head towards the f*ckboy table and I guess one of the douche bags said that.

I saw a guy (the head of the table) making eye contact with me. I pointed at myself and mouthed to him, "me".

"Yeah, you! You should sit at our table." He said, smirking.

Right off the bat, I thought "No".

I looked back at table four.

The first person I looked at was a girl, she had a leather jacket on with blue jeans and vans. He hair was in a tight high ponytail.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

For a second, I felt embarrassed but the next, confident.

"I'm looking at the people that this table because I might be sitting at this table, so when I point at you, you say your name. That's all my ask." I said with my hands.

She nodded in agreement.

I then pointed at her and she said, "Ally."

I nodded and moved onto the next person which was also a girl.

She had much makeup on and glitter in her hair. Definitely a freshman. She had a light green sweater on and black leggings and slip on vans.

I pointed, she said, "Bailey."

I moved on.

Another girl. Her hair was down and she was a blonde. She had braces and glasses. She was wearing a tank top and black leggings and blue Converse.

Before I could lift my hand, she already said, "Amy."

I smiled and laughed.

The girl next to her was a little quiet, I guess. She wasn't making eye contact with me. She's probably shy. She had her eyes on the paper she was drawing on. I glanced at it. It looked like she was doodling flowers.

Amy put her arm around and she quickly looked up, looking surprised at first but then her expression dropped. She basically looked like she had no emotion.

"What's your name?" I asked.

She just stared at me with her blank expression and all.