13

13 | I Promise You, Noe
Song: Girs/Girls/Boys
By: Panic! At The Disco

August 11, 2018

I can't go to school today. Not today. I can't show my face to Grayson after what I sent. I don't haven't opened his message back. I need someone. Someone to talk to.

I'm calling JT. It's still 7:20 am, the school doesn't start until 7:55. I called her on my home phone.

"Hey it's Noah, can you come over?" I asked her.

"Yeah sure, I'm on my way. Is everything okay?" She asked.

"I don't know." And I hung up.

My phone was just sitting here, still on my nightstand, face down. This is so hard.

I wonder what he said.

What if he said "yes" or "no". He'll probably ask a question.

***

JT finally got here, as she knocked on my front door three times. When I opened the door, she was wearing some grey leggings and an oversized shirt with snickers. She looked comfortable.

She stepped forward, took both my hands and intertwined my fingers with hers as she asked, "hey, what's going on?"

I pulled her inside and led her to my room and that's when I talked. I opened the door and walked straight to my bed. JT was looking around at my artwork on the walls. But she was more focused on my situation. She sat down next to me and placed my hand on my knee.

It made me instantly blush. There's the feeling again. It's back. Don't know what it is but it's annoying.

"Last night while I was half asleep, I was thinking about Grayson and the fight we had. And at some point, I took out my phone and typed out my thoughts and then..." I stopped because JT was looking deeply into my eyes. It caught me off guard. "...then I accidentally sent it to him and I haven't touched my phone to see what he said."

I looked down and stared at my phone. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back at her and she asked, "what did the text say?"

I looked off to the side. Say it.

"Do you like me."

JT didn't say anything. But she asked, "Do you want me to look at it for you?"

I just looked at her then glanced over at my phone. I grabbed it and handed it to her. "What's your password?" She asked.

"Noah is awesome," I said. She chuckled at my response.

I stared at her to see her facial expressions. "Okay, I'm opening messages, conversation with Grayson." She said.

"You said do you like me." She said. As she read his response her facial expression change to a confused look.

I sat up and said, "what? What does it say?"

She looked at me and back down at the screen. "He asked, are you drunk, Noah?"

I fell back on my back and disbelief of his response. Omg. Thank God.