V

Jess's P.O.V

My vision was horrible. I could see, but only just. "It's okay! I have spaghetti. That fixes everything," Shelby giggled.

"That's more likely to make a mess!" I laughed. "I'll probably end up sticking it up my nose!"

"Oh come on, Jess. I'm sure you're able to eat spaghetti if you're able to eat a bag of chips."

"C-can..." I felt my cheeks warm up.

"What?"

"Can you... f-feed it to me?"

"R-really?!" I could hear the shock in Shelby's voice.

"I... y-yeah, if you wouldn't mind."

"You helped my boo boo on my elbow, I suppose I could do this for you."

"Just please don't try anything cheeky."

"I won't, I won't. Open wide!"

And so Shelby spent like ten minutes feeding me spaghetti. "Oh dang it, I have spaghetti all down my white top!" I heard her exclaim after she put the fork down.

"I feel like wearing white means you're bound to spill something on it," I said.

"Why is the universe this way?"

"I wish I knew."

"Great news, girls!" Danny burst into the room. I could just make out his tall figure.

"What?" 

"I talked to the author, who talked to the glasses place or whatever, and I managed to get your glasses early!"

"Yay!! Wait... did you break the... f-fourth wall?"

"OH SHOOT WE'RE ALL DEAD!!"

"Nah dudes," the author said.

"How are you even here?!" Shelby exclaimed.

"I'm the author, I can do anything I want. I could make you a conspiracy theorist if I wanted to."

"Oh okay."

"Oh and by the way I won't kill you guys off yet lol bai."

The author was gone in a puff of smoke. "We'll pretend that never happened?" I asked.

"Yep. Anyway, here ya go," Danny said.

Before I knew it, I was looking clearly into Shelby's beautiful hazel eyes. She immediately kissed me. "I can see clearly now!" I exclaimed.

"I can see clear!" The Wiggles sang.

"I got my glasses on," Emma Wiggle sang. 

The Wiggles left again. We didn't question it any further. Shelby and I stared into each other's eyes. "I'll go tell everyone else-" Danny began, but Oli came running in.

"QUICK, EMERGENCY MEE- ooh, what's this?" Oli came walking up.

"Just testing my glasses," I replied.

"Okay but like for real we need to go come on."

"I've put Danny on babysitting duty," Oli said as we walked in.

"The EAPE are getting closer to finding our location," Scott said as we sat down.

"Good," Shelby smirked. She slapped her cheek. "No, it's not!" She frowned.

"We need to be on high alert and be ready to flee at any time. But... that's not the only thing."

"What?"

"We've recieved word that... that God is in trouble. We're unsure why, but us mentors need to go away to sort it out. Only we can get there, regular FAE soldiers can't see the portal to Heaven. We don't know how long we'll be gone for, but Danny will be staying with you all, as he's able to contact us, in case we need each other."

"Finally, we'll be rid of you four." Shelby kicked herself under the table.

"W-we'll be leaving later today..." Scott tried to ignore her.

Shelby just stared at him with a blank face, her chest being the only thing moving as she breathes in and out. When he stood, her gaze followed him out of the room. She continued to look at the door. Max, Ross, Shelby and I were the only ones left in the room. Ross began shaking her, and she eventually squeezed her eyes shut and put her head in her hands. She looked up at me. And then she kicked me in the shin.

Shelby immediately smacked her hands over her mouth as I clutched my leg in pain. It was as is my leg had been bashed with a hammer. It fricking hurt. Although, I could've sworn there was a sparkle of joy in her hazel eyes. "Shelby, can we chat privately?" Ross asked.

Shelby nodded. As she stood, she shoved Max hard, and he fell to the ground. Ross glared at her as they left the room.