O

Shelby's P.O.V

"Hey, I'm getting real tired. I'm gonna have a nap," I said with a yawn.

"Okay," Scott said.

I walked upstairs and into my bedroom, locking my door behind me. I flopped down on the bed. My hand suddenly shot up and all the light coming from my window turned into the darkness.

'The sun was annoying me...'

'Was that you?!'

'Yep. If you kept practicing, you could do it too. Or you could take Cory's magic...'

'I would never!'

'I would. Death elements are really powerful.'

'I know that.'

'Then use that knowledge! Honestly Shelby, it's not that hard.'

I rolled my eyes and fell asleep.

(Oh and btw im changing the dreams to underline italics so that it doesn't get confusing and im too lazy to change all the other dreams so ye)

I was in a white void. Slowly, it faded to a light grey, then darker... and darker... until it was almost black. I could still see easily in the very little light. A girl walked up to me. She had hair like what I used to: dark brown that suddenly changed to blonde. It was straight. Something about her face didn't settle right with me, and that's when I realised. Her eyes were solid black. No pupil, no iris, no sclera. And a small bit of some sort of black liquid trickled down her face, from her eyes to her neck. Her smile was chilling. "What..?" I asked.

"I'm the voice you hear. I'm the dark side of you. I'm the real you."

"N-no... you aren't the real me, you're simply the other side of me that everyone has but never shows!"

"Hm, so we're all evil. I see, I see. Well, I can't be anything other than powerful. I can't be weak, my very little kindness goes to you, and you alone."

"Well... what would happen if I did go evil?"

My other side's grin widened. "Then there wouldn't be anything other than evil. Your heart will be just like where we are now: dark and empty."

"That doesn't convince me at all."

She stepped towards me. I tried to move, but found that I was rooted to the spot. I looked down at the ground in fear. This girl could do anything to me. She placed a freezing cold hand on my shoulder. Her other hand was blazing hot when it made contact with my chin, and she lifted my head so that I had no choice but to gaze into her 'eyes'. "No, because deep down, you know going bad is the only choice you have. It's what you desire most, to have control over everyone, to have all the power this planet holds," she told me.

I squeezed my eyes shut. "You are mine, Shelby. You cannot get rid of me. I am unable to turn you with magic. You have to turn yourself. Only then will I be of real use to you."

"No, no, no, NO! NO!" I repeated over and over, getting louder and louder each time.

"SHELBY GRACE!!" Ross was shaking me. I sat up to see him with Jess and Max.

"How'd you all get in here? I locked the door," I said.

"Oh Max made a controlled fire to burn your door down. We heard you shouting in distress so..."

"Where's everyone else?"

"Outside, a bit into the woods. The only other person in here is Lizzie, and she's on her computer."

Lizzie poked her head through the door before stepping over the ash on the ground. She sat on the bed next to me. "What happened to your door?" she asked.

"Ask Max." 

Lizzie and Max began playfully bickering, and it was quite funny. Wait, I had four people here... I contemplated it but... "Guys, I need to chat with you." I teleported us away in a beam of light.

"Where are we?" Ross looked at the white void in wonder.

"Her elemental area," Max replied. "Every FAE member has one, including the mentors. The only way to get to these areas is if the power holder brings you here with their magic. The colours of the void correspond with the element."

"Oh, cool!"

"So, what did you bring us here for?" Jess asked.

"Me," said a voice identical to the one I'd been hearing in my head. My dark side.

"W-w-who are you?"

"I'm her. And I'm the downfall of the FAE."

"What?!"

"Dude, that's crazy," Lizzie said. She stalked over to other me (idk what to put). "Look here, evil Shelby," Lizzie thrust a finger just short of other me's chest, "you can try, but-"

"Oh no, Lizzie, I hold more power than it seems," my dark side said. "But not all of it can be activated without magic from the dark element."

"Don't you dare even consider taking Cory's magic."

"Mhm, like that'll stop me."

"There will be consequences! Don't. Take. Anyone's. Magic."

"Hmph, no promises."

My dark side disappeared. "She's the reason I've been zoning out, talking to myself... why I've been doing all the other random actions. I... she's driving me insane."

"Shelby, you have to refuse to answer to her calls," Ross said. "I've just found you. I can't lose you again."

"I'll try, but... she can just be so... tempting sometimes. Like I must heed her calls, the calls to go to the other side."

"We'll protect you," Max said.

"Honestly, I'm surprised I've made it this far. Please, don't tell anyone else about this. Or I swear to the skies above I will blind you all."