DD

Shelby's P.O.V

I was sitting on my bed doing some sketching. It was meant to be a cat, but... what the heck, it was cute, who cares if it looked more like an alien. I heard the (now fixed) door creak open. Little footsteps pattered along the floorboards. I looked up to see the three little boys standing next to me, Sasha leaning against the doorway in her lion form, smiling. I jerked my head at her to come in, and she did, kicking the door shut behind her and locking in with her muzzle. She came and sat on my bed next to me, and I placed a hand on her back. "I thought you might've wanted to see them..." Sasha said.

"Did you need something?" Liam asked, standing protectively in front of his brothers.

"Well, now that you mention it..." I smiled, looking into Liam's eyes. His irises flashed black, and he stepped to the side. 'Wait, what?'

'I've given you some of my control power. Use it on the boys and they're all yours...'

Will and Graser caught my eye, and their irises did the same. "Sasha and I are going on a... trip, and you boys are coming too. That's all I needed," I said.

The boys nodded and scuttled out of the room, the door carefully closing behind them. Sasha rested her head on my knee as I stroked her back. There was a knock at the door. I made a loud 'mhm' noise. "Can I come in?" came Jess's voice.

"Yeah!"

She came in. "We... we need to talk," she said.

"Indeed we do. The EAPE needs more magic. Ross won't go back, which means Max won't, so-"

"I don't think this relationship is working out."

"W-what?" I had to admit, I was upset by the words.

"You're going evil, avoiding me, not there for me."

"Maybe if you sided with me, you'd get your desired attention."

"No, I refuse. Because there's one thing you're forgetting, Shelby, and that's the fact that my soul is pure."

"No-one's soul is pure. I'm Life, yet... I'm not. Not even when I started out all innocent and naive was my soul 100%."

"You wouldn't know what having a pure soul is like."

Sasha started to growl, but I continued stroking her, and she calmed down. "Are... are we really calling it quits?" I asked sadly.

"I'm sorry, Shelby. But... I guess we just weren't meant to be."

And with that, Jess left the room.

I cried. Sasha sat up and rested a paw on my leg. "I... I really did love her," I whispered.

'She was pathetic anyway. I told you it was a mistake to hook up with her.'

'I wanted to believe it would all be okay...'

"Shelby... I-I... I'll always be here for you," Sasha said. "Just like you're here for me."

She transformed into a human and hugged me. I was grateful for the support. "I... we're leaving tomorrow," I decided as she pulled away.

"What?! But... my CDs..." Sasha frowned.

"Bring 'em all. Those EAPE members are gonna need some music to get 'em in the mood."