M

Shelby's P.O.V

'You've made a mistake to date Jess.'

'What? Why?'

'It's only going to hurt more when we get rid of her.'

'Don't hurt her! Don't hurt anyone!'

The voice went quiet. I shook my head, bringing myself back to reality. Jess was practically pulling me down the path. "Shelby, come on!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry!" I began walking next to her.

"You zone out quite a lot these days."

"I guess my thoughts are getting deeper." I shrugged.

"No, I think you're hiding something."

'Don't say anything.' 

"N-no I'm not!" I exclaimed.

"Oh I think you are." Jess smirked.

"Well, what would I possibly want to hide from you?" I smile.

"Um... something really embarrassing that you did in third grade? I don't know!"

"Hm, so you have no evidence against me."

'Why can't I tell just one person about you, voice in my head who has no name?'

'Because I said so.'

'I should be able to tell one person, and one person only.'

'One person?'

'Okay maybe four.'

'Nope too many.'

'But maybe if I tell them, it'll hurt them~' I... enjoyed that thought.

'Hm. Valid point. You have four people to tell. If you tell ANYONE else, then you will suffer the consequences.'

'You got yourself a deal.'

We travelled very quickly, and managed to get home as the sun began to set and the sky looked like it was on fire. The group who remained at base greeted us at the door. "Okay Ross, we have more people for you to meet," Max rubbed his hands together.

"So you're the Ross that Max and Shelby have been mentioning?" Yammy asked.

"Ye," Ross replied.

"Oh. Well, I'm Yammy, hi I'm Yammy."

"Just a warning: everyone here is dumb in some sort of way," Max said.

"Um, exCUSE me. I'm not THAT bad, y-you... um... I'm not that bad. I'm Sasha. So my name is not 'that bad'. But I will admit: I am an idiot," Sasha said.

"Okay can we move on?" Cory asked.

"Yeah good idea. Come inside and we'll eat some food because I'm hungry. K I'll get some snacks."

"So what do you guys do all day?" Ross asked.

"We do big kid things!" Callum replied.

"Yeah but like, what big kid things?"

"We do ma-"

"MENSTRAL CYCLE STUDYING!" Scott cut Callum off.

We all stared at him. "That's just disgusting," Max shook his head.

"We don't... no," Lizzie said. "What Callum was trying to say is we do mag-"

"IMAGINE DRAGON DANCE PARTIES!!" Scott interuppted again.

"I do that," Sasha said. "Yeah. Thunder but every noun is the word thunder? Heck yes. I mean... um, Scott! Just tell the truth bud! From what Lauren said, Ross can be trusted."

Scott sighed. "Okay, fine," he said. "You're currently in the FAE base. And you're currently with the soldiers. Callum is Earth, Lizzie is Water, Max is Fire, Jess is Air, Shelby is Life and Cory is Death. And myself, Yammy, Lauren and Sasha are the mentors, and Joel and Oli are here cos they can be."

"We're the... um... we write the theme songs!" Oli blurted out.

Everyone looked at him. "What theme song?" Joel scrunched up his nose.

"Oh Joel, buddy, pal, you know what I mean!" Oli cleared his throat and started singing. "The FAE will save you from evil. The EAPE are bad, and we don't like them. We vow to protect, to save, and to be good people. The FAE are the heroes... c'mon, join in!"

"The FAE are the good guys," we all tried to match what Oli was singing. "And they will save you. We don't like the EAPE cos they're bullies. The FAE protect this world forever!"

"AND WE LIKE CHICKEN WINGS!!" Sasha shouted at the end. "Well, I do anyway."

"Okay, do we have anything productive to do?" Cory asked.

"Yes actually," Lauren nodded. "Yes, we do."