the twenty third

"Happy birthday to you." Mark sang, walking into Donghyuck's room with a cupcake in his hand. "Happy birthday to yOuU!"

Donghyuck laughed and then sat up in his bed. His plan was to spend his birthday in his bed and not do anything the whole day. But Mark insisted on coming over. The other members were so confused to see Mark, but didn't mind.

"A cupcake, really?" Donghyuck chuckled but still accepted it. He took a bite, and then broke some off and gave it to Mark. Instead of taking it by his hands, Mark opened his mouth and ate it from Donghyuck's hands. The action caused Donghyuck to pull his hand away and turn red. "Idiot."

"Come on, we need to get going." Mark said, grabbing Donghyuck's hand and running out of the dorm.

The two got into Mark's car, and then sat in silence whilst they listened to the music on the radio. One of NCT's songs started playing, and Mark began to hum along to it.

"You know this song?" Donghyuck asked, tilting his head to the side. He didn't know Mark listened to his music.

"Of course I do." Mark replied, now fully singing along to Donghyuck's part. "Honestly the best song to debut with."

Mark continued to sing along to 7th sense until they reached their destination. They climbed out and made their way into the cinema.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" Mark asked Donghyuck, looking up at the small variety of movies. Donghyuck pointed to one and Mark immediately bought tickets for them. They hurried into their seats as they found out the movie had already begun and then sighed.

Donghyuck felt Mark's hand creeping up the side of his and he chose to ignore it. He tried to pay attention to the movie but his mind wandered else where. He remembered how he once visited the movies with Mark on his birthday. It was quite awkward, since they had only known each other for a few months.

The weirdest and most awkward thing was when their hands collided but neither of them pulled away. Instead, they held hands till the end of the movie. Once it was over, none of them spoke about it.

"Donghyuck, the movies over." Mark whispered, causing Donghyuck to turn to him and laugh awkwardly. He had managed to not watch the entire movie. "Anyways, let me drop you off."

Mark stood up, and Donghyuck hadn't even realised that their hands were intervined until they separated. He looked down at his hand and sighed.

Stop thinking about Mark.

-

Also the 7th sense version with Donghyuck in it was so amazing. still sad he didn't debut with U :(