the fourteenth

Donghyuck stuffed his phone into his pocket as he checked the time on his watch. He sighed as he realised he had arrived a few minutes earlier than the time set. He was excited to meet Minhyung, mostly because he wanted to see Mark's face again. As weird as it sounds, Donghyuck was too hyped up to realise.

"Donghyuck?" A voice behind him said. Donghyuck spun around and saw a black haired male enter the cafe. He was slightly red and clearly nervous.

"Ma- Minhyung?" Donghyuck's eyes widened as he looked at Mark. 'Minhyung' looked exactly like Mark. His heart ached as he remembered Mark, but shook it off and changed his expression into a more serious one. "So, what do you want?"

"Donghyuck." Mark repeated. It had been a long time since Mark had last seen Donghyuck. Although he used to sit in the park near the place him and Donghyuck would always go to, he never saw Donghyuck there.

"Yes, it's me." Donghyuck rolled his eyes and pulled his mask slightly down, so that he could speak more clearly. "Say it more loudly and let everyone know huh."

Mark looked around and realised that there were a few people turning around to see Donghyuck. He had forgotten that he was famous.

"Ah sorry." Mark apologized, quickly rushing to Donghyuck's side, and signalling him to sit down.

"So." Donghyuck sat down and waved his hands around. "Speak then."

Mark bit his lip and then thought about it. If he told Donghyuck who he was and why he had actually called him, Donghyuck would most probably run away and not talk to him.

"I wanted to apologize." Mark said, finally deciding on how he was going to continue.

"Apologize for jumping to conclusions just like your brother?" Donghyuck asked, but it seemed liked he wanted Mark to say those words.

"Yeah." Mark looked down at his lap and sighed. "I'm sorry for doing that."

Donghyuck stared at Mark's face and then leaned back into his chair. He looked really apologetic, but he still had a bad feeling about this.

"Okay, I forgive you." Mark's face lit up and just before he was going to speak, Donghyuck continued. "But I don't trust you, or like you, or anything."

Mark fidgeted with his fingers and tried to think of what to do.

"Alright!" Mark put his hands over the table to avoid playing with them and then said, "Can you at least let me try to become your friend?"

Donghyuck squinted and hummed, showing that he was suspicious of Mark's intentions.

"10 days." Donghyuck said. "I'll let you hang out with me for 10 days, and if you don't manage to make me want to be your friend then-"

"Deal!" Mark said, grabbing the hand Donghyuck had extended towards him. "I'll see you on Friday."

Mark quickly stood up and ran out of the cafe. Donghyuck watched from the window as Mark bumped into a few people and called someone on his phone. A smile crept up his face as he remembered how Mark used to act. Then he realised what he had just thought and frowned.

Now wasn't the time to be thinking about Mark.