the twenty first

"Minhyung are you okay?" Donghyuck said, as he held the phone close to his ear. He heard a quiet sneeze from the other side of the call and then a cough.

"I'm kind of sick." Mark replied, holding his hand to his mouth as he felt another sneeze building up.

"And you want me to come over?"

Donghyuck had gotten plenty of free days, but Mark didn't invite him out for any of them. He said he was waiting for a specific date, and apparently, the day Mark was sick was the day he wanted to use.

"Yes please. You know where I live right?" Mark coughed again, and then pulled his blanket over his face. Donghyuck sighed and then agreed to come over.

Mark turned around in his bed and then closed his eyes. He had been waiting for fall sick. He didn't normally get a fever this quickly, but here he was. He was obviously going to catch a cold if he had 3 tubs of ice cream, and then took shower and say outside in the cold for 3 hours. It was all party of his plan.

"Minhyung?" Donghyuck asked, opening the door to Mark's bedroom. Donghyuck knew where Mark hid his spare key, since he had come over once before to drop off some food.

"Yeah." Mark opened his eyes and looked up at Donghyuck weakly. "Hi Hyuck."

Donghyuck shuffled forwards and placed his hand over Mark's forehead, before pulling away and frowning.

"You're really warm." He pointed out the obvious and then turned to the bag he brought. Donghyuck pulled out some pills and then poured a glass of water from the jug besides Mark's bed. "Here, have this."

Donghyuck watched as Mark ate the pill and then collapsed back onto the bed.

"Can you make me something to eat?" Mark asked, looking at Donghyuck with the softest expression ever.

"Yeah, just wait." Donghyuck immediately stood up and rushed towards the kitchen. He took out some ingredients, after spending a good 5 minutes searching for them, and them, and then starting the cooking.

Donghyuck smiled as he remembered how Mark had once gotten sick during their training time. Mark wasn't the type to get sick easily, but when he did get sick, it would be really bad. He wouldn't be able to do anything on his own, and Donghyuck would have to take care of him throughout the night.

Donghyuck shook his head and quickly poured the soup he made for Mark into a bowl. Once he was done, he hurried into Mark's room and saw that he was already asleep. Donghyuck placed the bowl on the side and then pulled a chair over to Mark's bed. He reached over and brushed some hair out of his face and smiled.

As soon as he realised what he was doing, he jerked backwards, causing Mark to wake up.

"Oh sorry, I fell asleep." Mark tried getting up, but ended up falling back into his bed. So Donghyuck got up and helped him sit up, and then picked the bowl up to pass it to Mark. "Um...'

When Mark raised his hands, they were all shaky, so he looked up with concern at Donghyuck, who sighed and then took a spoonful of the soup and brought it to Mark's mouth. Mark took a bite and chewed slowly.

"Oh wow this is good! You should try some." Mark said, after he swallowed and gestured for Donghyuck to have some as well.

Donghyuck looked at the spoon and then back at Mark. He sighed again and then ate some, rolling his eyes when he saw Mark's smile widened.

"Yeah yeah, it's good." Donghyuck then took another spoonful and fed Mark some more. After the soup was finished, Donghyuck got up and was about to leave go to the kitchen, when Mark grabbed his wrist and whispered.

"Thank you Donghyuck."

Donghyuck turned around and sadly smiled. He ruffled Mark's hair with one of his hands and then quickly ran out of the room. He wiped the tears in his eyes and he couldn't stop thinking about Mark. The old Mark.