Chapter 36

The song for this chapter is "Casual Sex" by My Darkest Days, (it's a personal favorite) a video is attached.

This chapter is dedicated to bonez0211 for being pretty awesome and taking the time to chit chat with me about my baby. (My baby= this book) XD

Enjoy!

****

* Carter Stone *

After only a moment of kissing Lynn she took the lead and controlled our movements. I was now resting back against the dirt having only my palms keeping my back from meeting the wet ground. Her slim body crawled across mine never once breaking our kiss as we shifted positions.

Needing to breathe she pulled back but only to divert her lips to my sweat covered neck. Firmly she placed her hands on the dirt on either side of my waist, confidently scooting herself closer and closer to where our cores were nearly touching.

As she went to work kissing and sucking on my skin I lifted my head upward staring at the graying clouds that filled the sky. Squinting I ignored the water droplets that continued to fall. "Stop" I whispered causing her to instantly freeze. "This is wrong" I assured her as she pulled back hesitantly. Her thick black eyebrows were knitted together with confusion as she stared back at me.

"Why?" She spat planting herself on my shins as she pulled her arms back to where they hugged her body. "Because of Jamie? Are you seriously worried about how she will feel? Or what she will think?" Lynn pried her already dark eyes appearing now as lifeless black holes. Sighing I snapped my neck to the right not knowing how to answer that question. I kissed her only moments ago but now I'm pushing her away. I can understand her confusion. "Well, what is it Carter?"

"Don't sit here and judge me for caring about my mate!" I hissed back as she leaned forward, bringing her face a mere inch from mine though this interaction was different than her first. This wasn't meant to be teasing or sexual. This was dominate and aggressive.

"News flash Carter, if Jamie was concerned about your feelings she wouldn't have fucked your Alpha" she seethed in a careless quite voice. Immediately my heart ached. Of course this wasn't unknown to me but the more I thought about it the more betrayal that filled me. Seeing how affected I was by her words she placed her bony hand against the skin of my thigh where my shorts had risen up. "I'm sorry" she murmured dropping her head in order to meet my gaze. "I'm just tired of seeing you hurt day in and day out while she's living the life."

"I'm tired of feeling this way too" I agreed through a whisper.

Smirking she slid her hand up my shorts a little more. "Then break your connection" Lynn mumbled tugging on the hem of my boxer shorts.

"She already did that" I assured with a hard gulp one loud enough to be heard.

"But you didn't" she interjected argumentatively. "Maybe that's why you still feel dedicated to her. Your wolf is still connected to hers" she theorized trailing her free hand against my warm, toned stomach. "It's worth a shot right?" She pouted innocently giving me a half shrug in the process.

What she said made sense. I feel loyal to Jamie now more then ever yet she couldn't give two shits about me. In fact, I bet she's giving Nate special kudos for the pain he endured today. He's probably milking that one dry as we speak. Bowing my head I agreed to Lynn's suggestion. It's time I did something for myself. Raising my hand I twisted it in Lynn's silky damp locks jerking her head back and causing her to slip from her sitting position on my legs.

While holding her hair tightly in my fist I shifted my body so my knees were now supporting me. Her brown eyes were wide as the lust set in them. I slammed my lips onto hers roughly dominating every inch of her plump ones and savoring every second of her salty tongue. Surprisingly my wolf was onboard with this hook up, any option to cure him of his heart break was a plan he opted for. Abruptly I broke our kiss as her orbs shot back open. Releasing her black hair I grabbed the neck line of her soaked red shirt with both hands and tore the fabric with little effort.

I could feel my demeanor change as I took in the familiar sight of perky breasts that were hidden behind a blue lace bra. Hungrily I took a hold of her sides, clutching her ribcage with enough force to damage a human. I yanked her forward to where her midsection was placed directly in between my strong legs. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I questioned now sounding confident as my husky voice zoomed through the air.

"Give me your best shot" Lynn replied in a sexy purring tone while flashing me a taunting wink. Having heard enough I slammed my rock hard member into the crotch area of her denim jeans as I watched her face intently. Upon contact her head shot back as a loud moan escaped her lips and echoed through the woods. I hope no one decides to go for a stroll tonight or they'll get a show.

****

* Heather Clark *

Sniffling I yanked my fuzzy pink blanket upward in order to shield my face from the torturous light that shone through my dusty blinds. Hearing a knock at my door I let out an low groan which was stifled by the thick lair of fabric between me and the rest of the room.

"Heather" a manly voice called out as my door creaked from being open. "Heather" he now criticized as I scooted up so my head and neck were visible. His dark eyes widened drastically as he took in my disheveled hair and splotchy face.

"What do you want?" I questioned staring back at my cousin whose features now softened as he took a seat on the edge of my bed. I could tell he pitied me for what happened again at the hands of Nathaniel Ryder, everyone did. Hence why I'm hiding away in my room like a little girl instead of facing the pack as the powerful daughter of an Alpha.

"I told you I would figure this out and I'm working on it" Austin promised catching my attention immediately. "Jamie loves Nate" he began causing my heart to swell with sadness and another set of tears to build up in my eyes. "Listen" he instructed scooting closer in the hopes of comforting me. "She loves Carter too so I'm going to try to do everything in my power to make her realize he's who she needs to be with."

Craining my neck in his direction I could feel my eyes widened as my wolf perked up happily. "You would do that?" I gasped. It wasn't a secret that Austin cared for Jamie, he always had, way before Nate and Carter and he probably always will. The fact that he would risk his friendship with her in order to right my wrongs spoke volumes.

"Of course" he nodded "you are family. Besides, you deserve to be Mrs. Nathaniel Ryder" he assured me as I grinned ear to ear. Since I met Nate I only wanted one thing...to be his. When he finally accepted me as his mate and forgave me I was overjoyed. I didn't care that he marked Jamie any longer, it was irrelevant. He wanted me and that was all that mattered.

Nate was the strongest, my volatile Alpha in existence and I'll be damned before I let this slip through my fingers. We were destined to be together and to have pups that would outshine his generation. "Here's my idea"Austin continued pulling me from my racing mind. "I've gathered that Nate is a pretty jealous guy... So you have two options, the first is let him know about Carter kissing Jamie's cheek yesterday and she didn't push him away-"

"What?!" I shrieked my voice almost deafening. "What's the second?"

Nodding his head he assured me that was true. "Pretend like you are going to get with Carter." Why the hell would I do that? "Hear me out, if he's possessive and jealous when it comes to Jamie just imagine how he's going to feel when his real mate is hanging on the guy he hates."

"He'll go crazy" I muttered as he smiled.

"Exactly." Look out Jamie, I'm coming to take back what's mine.

****

Hello you gorgeous thing you! *hides behind Nate's strong impressive shoulders* do you guys hate me yet? :'(

In all seriousness, what did you think? How are we feeling about the relationship between Carter and Lynn now? Also, oh Godzilla Austin is a double agent! O_o Do you think Heather's plan will be a success? Will Nate be hers?! Please let me know your thoughts and theories! Please vote! I love you guys! Xoxo