Chapter 4

The song for this chapter is "Torn Between Two Lovers" by Mary McGregor. This song is beautiful so if you can give it a listen. :)

Enjoy!

****
* Jamie Watson *

My heart ached at the thought of no longer being a part of the pack I grew up in but for now, I needed to focus on a bigger task: getting away. 'Carter' I blurted back in a panic, needing to hear his voice.

'What do you want me to do? Jamie, we can leave if you want.' he rushed out as I bite my lip. Could we just leave? Would Nate simply let us walk out of the door without putting up a fight? Not likely.

'What about your family? I couldn't ask you to leave them.' The thought alone breaks my heart. 'Carter' I called back but he did not respond. Sighing I began pacing around the room looking for something I could use to free myself or at least use as a weapon.

*****

*Carter Stone*

I could not even respond to Jamie before the devil himself trotted back into my room. A smug smile laid on his face as he looked me over distastefully as though I was some useless Omega and not his Beta and former best friend. Only hours ago, the two of us were hanging out, talking about the good time we would have at Toxic but now everything changed.

"You should just stop while you're ahead. You're bound to get hurt" Nate advised as though he was a friend looking out for me as he leaned against my doorframe using his forearm that was above his head to support his weight. I wanted to yell, wanting to bash his face in but I knew I would not win. I knew Nate well enough to know how to handle him and that was not the way.

"You're wrong. You think just because you are Alpha and can bark orders out to everyone that you can make her love you" I hissed hatefully "but you cannot. For once your superiority won't work." How could someone do something like that?! I know the two of us were not always on the best of terms but that was all personal we never let it affect the pack. As much of a dick as Nate could be, he was still my Alpha and I would protect him with my life though clearly, the feeling was not mutual.

My eyes narrowed instantly as he laughed humorously as though I had told a joke. "No, I can't make her love me" at least we agree on this "but she will fall for me" he stated confidently making me cringe at the thought of them together. I felt powerless as I watched Nate. He was bigger, stronger, and faster than I was not to mention his ranking outweighed mine easily. My skin grew hot as I stared at him, it felt as if I was literally being burned from the inside out.

"Why couldn't you just leave her out of this?" I yelled unable to control myself any longer. As my voice rose his eyebrows lifted obviously amused with how he was getting under my skin.

His lips turned upward as he smirked, a certain pleasure strolling through him as he destroyed those around him. "What better way you get you back then with your mate?" Nate asked rhetorically as he shrugged carelessly which made me wish he were not my leader so I could deck him right in the face, again. In fact, if given the chance I may aim for much more than a punch.

"What about the pack?" I blurted as he flashed me a confused look, so I continued. "You didn't think this would affect everyone? That is the problem Nate you never think you just react. Like Heather-"

"Shut up!" He screamed at me instantly controlling the room to gain power over what was being talked about. "I told you never to bring her up again" he seethed, baring his teeth at me. Did he truly think his true mate would never come up in the conversation attempts his plan played out?

"I don't care Nate you marked my mate!" I bellowed back hearing my wolf growl in the process. Where my attempts at trying to reason with Nate or right his wrong my wolf wanted nothing more than to shred him limb from limb. "You decided to deny Heather that was not my choice, but you literally took Jamie from me! "I added on, wanting him to realize that he caused all of this. Angering him, even more, his arms began to shake.