Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

“Oh! Homecoming! Do you think Paul will ask me?”

“He has to! You're gorgeous!”

Why, I'm ask, are girls like this? It's just homecoming and I've been dragged to two in my life. Neither of them were that great. I was never voted or even nominated to be queen maybe that's why I was so bitter about it all. Even as an angel I worried about being homecoming queen. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at myself as I slammed my locker door shut and tore down the poster on the wall the two girls were gawking at.

“Is someone upset they won't get a date?” Lisa offered a fake pout and I resisted the urge to knock her lights out. I only resisted because I was an angels and that wouldn't be very angelic now would it?

“Take the poster and go babble about it somewhere else will you?” I thrust the paper into her hands and she went about her way with a stupid sway to her hips. I hated the way she walked, the way she smiled, even the way she flipped her stupid brown hair. What I hated most was how she'd gotten to me. She was right, I probably wouldn't get a date to homecoming. Thinking about it made me sigh.

“Homecoming,” Paul approached his locker across the hall and looked at the poster posted beside him. I hadn't noticed at first but Holly was standing right next to him practically attached to his arm. She let out a soft snort. “You don't want to go?”

“That's not it,” Holly ran her hand through her hair slowly. “I'm thinking of all the girls who think they have a change at winning queen when I'm running.” She had this evil smirk and it made me want to go to the garbage bin gag. She was an angel but she was so evil. She reminded me of councilwoman Jocelyn. Holly was practically heartless and I had no doubt there was no heart in Jocelyn. What made me hate Holly even more than I already did was her crush on my brother, Josh. It was so obvious and it was so utterly annoying. Josh would never admit it, but he had a blazing crush on Gabriella and she had an enormous crush on him. What was stopping them I couldn't figure out, but I'd be damned if I was going to let it be Holly.

“You seem confident,” Paul nudged her playfully and she giggled. I couldn't bare to watch them anymore. Holly had always used Paul to make Josh jealous but lately she'd been starting to act like she actually liked Paul and that was more than I could handle. Paul can do what he wants with his life, but I doubt Holly is the one he needs to spice up his dating life.

I made my way down the hall towards my first period only to be stopped by a warm hand. My body tingled for a second and I let out a short curse word before turning and coming into contact with a hard chest. It wasn't the strongest I'd ever seen, but still strong. I looked into his light green eyes and felt like banging my head against a wall. I couldn't look at him after that night. After he...went too far.

“Jesse,” I stepped back and he frowned at my movement.

“Don't look at me that way,” his frown deepened and this caused me to frown and tense up more than I already was. Why was he acting like him making me uncomfortable was my fault? He was pushing me against my will at that date night at his house while his parents weren't home and I'm at fault? I wanted to punch him all over again.

“I should go,” I whispered softly because that was the only way I could talk to Jesse. Looking at him made my head hurt and remembering how rough he was made me want to scream at him. We were in school though, and I didn't feel like being dragged to my counselor.

I was in English before I knew it and hastily threw my books on my desk. Fane whistled from his seat beside me and lifted a brow. I challenged him with my eyes back and he smirked at me. Fane and I had developed a good friendship. He'd even helped me get my job back.