Chapter 16

**A/N...Ahh I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile, been so busy with school and writers block :( Okay, btw this story is almost over, only another chapter or two left! Can't believe it :( I don't think there'll be a sequel but I'd like to write another Beatle fic. So let me know what you think :) Thanks and enjoy!**

The five days that were left to prepare for our wedding flashed before my eyes all to quick. Luckily, as John promised I barely had to raise a finger, everything was ready and planned for the big day.

I had come to realise that my family and friends wouldn't be able to make it to Liverpool on such sort notice, which disheartened me slightly. I sat cross legged on the couch, thinking about the wedding which would be held without my family.

"You okay luv?" John asked, obviously noticing my disappointed mood.

I nodded half heartedly.

"Oh c'mon. I think I'd know by now if there was something up with you. Spill!" He teased and plonked beside me, pulling me into a hug.

I sighed and let my guard down.

"It's just..my family and friends..they won't be at the wedding." I said, my voice a little shaky.

"Oh Millie, I know I know. But it will be okay, just me and you. Our own little wedding, just us." John spoke softly, holding me close to me.

I nodded and faked a smile. I wouldn't mind a small wedding with just me and John, but ever since I was a kid, I've always dreamed of a big wedding surrounded by my loving family and friends. "It'll be okay." I whispered persuasively to myself over and over again.

***

I awoke on the morning before the wedding and dragged myself out of bed. John was nowhere to be found. I grabbed a towel and trudged to the shower, turning it on and stepping in. I let the hot water run down my back, washing away my worries.

I sighed with contempt as I jumped out and wrapped the fluffy towel around my small frame.

As I was pulling on some clothes, three loud knocks came from the front door.

"John? John, can you get that!?" I yelled, as I rushed around the bathroom. No reply.

"JOHNNN!"

I sighed and left the bathroom to find John sprawled out on the couch, strumming on his guitar lazily, his black thick rimmed glasses sitting on the end of his nose. "God, he is handsome." I thought to myself, smiling coyly.

"I think you should get the door." John chuckled sleepily, his thick hair sticking up wildly.

I raised my eyebrows sarcastically and giggled.

"C'mon..what are ye waiting for?" John encouraged, a mischievous glint in his eye.

I eyed him suspiciously and pulled open the door, to reveal my mother and my best friend standing side by side, suitcases in hand, grinning widely.

"Mum!" I yelled and leapt at her, pulling her into a bone breaking hug. I breathed in her familiar scent, holding back forceful sobs. I eventually pulled away, tears streaming down both our faces. I turned my attention to my best friend. "JANE!" I screeched and wrapped my arms around her tiny waist. Jane was the most breath taking beautiful girl I'd ever laid eyes on. Her smooth ivory skin, her icy blue eyes and a figure to die for, would make any guy swoon. Even though Jane was my best friend since before I could remember, in many ways she was my biggest nemesis.

"Oh I've missed you Millie!" Jane shouted excitedly, her wild mane of orangey hair tickling my face.

"I've missed you both too!" I cried excitedly, as I ushered them inside the apartment.

"JOHN! Look who's here!" I said, hopping from one foot to another with joy.

"I know luv. Who do you think got them here?" He chuckled and went to greet my mum and Jane. My mouth fell open.

John had went to all this trouble, knowing how upset I would about my family's absence. He got them here on such short notice! I smiled gratefully and kissed him feverishly on the cheek, embarrassed by the presence of my loved ones. Mum and Jane "ooh'd" and "awhh'd" at the sight, making my cheeks burn red.

"There's no need to get embarrassed. I've seen the likes of it before!" My mum chuckled, only making the blushing worse.

Everyone except me laughed hysterically.

After settling in, we all huddled on the couch, reminiscing of good times and bad, growing more excited for tomorrow as each second passed.

Without anyone noticing, time passed rapidly and darkness crept over the cosy room.

"What time is it?" Jane yawned and stretched.

"Almost 11pm" I said, glancing at the clock.

Soon after, my mum and Jane departed for bed, leaving me and John alone at last.

"Only a few more hours!" I whispered, twirling the ring on my finger.

"I can't wait." John replied, burying his face in my hair.

Just then, a loud rushed knocking came from the front door. John stood up slowly and opened it, to reveal a very drunk George.

"Ey, Georgie!" I called from the couch.

"G-good e-evening miss." George slurred and sauntered into the living room. He gazed around the room for a few moments, in a daze using the door frame to keep him upright, in his drunken state.

"Cmon John, I'm taking ye out..Paul and Rings are waitin' d-downstairs." He added, hiccuping.

"No, no I can't. I'm staying in with Mille." John replied, smiling at me, fondly.

"NO JOHNNY!" He protested like a toddler. "Your coming out with the lads now, wether you like it or not! Tell 'im Millie." George yelled, swaying from side to side.

"He's right, John. Its been ages since you were last out. You should go. Go out and have some fun!" I persuaded, ushering him towards the door.

"You sure?" John asked, gripping my waist. I nodded. "Go! But no hookers! And I want him back here in one piece for tomorrow, you hear that Harrison?!" I warned.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you s-say." George laughed and proceeded out the door.

John chuckled and kissed me on the nose. "See you tomorrow love."

"I'll be the one in white!" I grinned and shut the door behind him, sighing peacefully.

**Okay, that chapter was terrible! I have such bad writers block and I don't know what to do! Oh well, let me know what you think anyway, I'll update soon and hopefully it'll be better! Thanks for reading :)**