Seven

Y/n's POV

I looked at his arm and into his eyes, his eyes were serious but sad. I turned around to face him.

Y/n - what do you want Grayson?

Grayson - I want to help you?

Y/n - why? You don't want to get involved in my family, it's a mess.

I laugh

Grayson - at school I mean.

Y/n - and how is one of the best football players in the school going to do that?

Grayson - I don't know yet. Meet Ethan and I at lunch.

Y/n - I kinda said I sit with the others.

Grayson - it's to work.

I nod my head and walk to class.

Lunch

I walk to the library again and sit at the same table we sat at on Monday. I waited for Ethan and Grayson to show up, they finally did...with Kian. I look at Grayson worryingly, he betrayed me. See this is why I don't trust people, you don't even have to trust them for them to betray you.

Grayson - hi Y/n

Y/n - what is he doing here?

I say quietly.

Grayson - HE was just about to apologise weren't you Kian.

Kian - no...I mean yes.

Grayson looked angrily into Kian's eyes.

Ethan - then do it Kian, apologise.

Kian - I'm sorry for telling everyone your secret Y/n, it would've saved me apologising and saved my ass being kicked by Grayson.

I looked over at Grayson who look unpleased with Kian's apology, I just stayed quiet and tried to not reveal that the tension in the air was frightening me. Ethan sat next to me as I watched the two boys stare at each other.

Ethan - don't be scared, Gray's got this.

Ethan whispers, I nod my head as I watch Grayson punch Kian. I looked away.

Kian - what the fuck Grayson?! Stop!

Grayson didn't stop though, I looked at Ethan. He stood up and got Grayson off of Kian.

Ethan - what the fuck were you thinking Grayson?!

Grayson - he didn't do it right.

Ethan - of course he didn't, he's a self centred fuckboy.

I watch as Grayson sits down next to me and Ethan next to him. They both end up looking at me.

Grayson - do you want to get started?

Y/n - not really.

Grayson - what do you mean not really?

His tone of voice got louder and I flinched at the sound of his angry voice.

Ethan - Grayson calm down for fucks sake, you're making things worse.

Grayson - you don't fucking know that.

Ethan - yes I do, she just flinched.

 watched them and then I felt my phone vibrate. I check it and it's Noah. I answer the call.

Noah - uhh hi Y/n.

Y/n - yes Noah?

Noah - I've kinda been...expelled.

Y/n - expelled?! What the fuck am I going to do Noah? This was the last school that would except you and you've fucked it up. Explain to me why.

Noah - because I miss them Y/n, you don't know how hard it is to stay calm when people talk shit about your dead parents, when people blame you for their death. You don't know how hard it is to not beat the shit out of them.

Y/n - I do know how it feels, I've lived with it for 2 and a half years now. But you shouldn't go around hurting people.

Noah - dad did.

Y/n - dad was different, he...

I realised that Grayson and Ethan were still sitting there casually pretending not to hear my conversation.

Y/n - he was fucked up, you know that mom and dad were getting a divorce for that reason. I don't want you growing up and beating up your wife and kids.

Noah - I won't I just get angry.

Y/n - angry or not you don't want to turn out like dad.

Noah - are you able to pick me up because I can't go back into school.

I think about it for a second, then I look over at Grayson.

Y/n - nah, you can walk home I'm working on an assignment with my friend.

Noah - what its like a 30 minute walk.

Y/n - don't you have a skateboard?

Noah - yeah, bye.

Y/n - bye.

I end the phone call then look over at Grayson and Ethan.

Y/n - sorry my brothers a little messed up in the head.

Grayson looked at me confused and still slightly angry.

To Be Continued

How's your day?

Instagram - dolann_chamberlainn