Returning

I needed a night off from all of the reading. My head was starting to hurt and Stark wasn't making it feel better. I decided to follow Raphael when he goes to see his sister. He told me I didn't have to, but with the Owl on the loose, I wanted to make sure that both are safe. I know Rapha could take care of himself but with his sister, who is very old, he needs to protect her first. So if the Owl does come and attack then he could carry her to safety while I kick the Owl's ass.

It really warms my heart to see the leader of the vampire clan all warm and fuzzy for his sister. It brings a smile to my face when I see Raphael and Rosa walking through the small park. I know, I should have actually made myself known but Raphael really loves his sister so I promised to give them enough space. I was leaning against the tree not that far from them as I watched the pair.

I hope that Jace and I would be like them when we get older. As much as he hates to admit, we do get older. I still want to have that bond we have now. When I see Rosa and Raphael I could just picture Jace and me when we were younger. Us having fun while we were training or when we would walk around the gardens at the Insitute.

"You know...there's someone you remind me of," Rosa snapped me out of my thoughts. Then her mouth flew open as she let out a small gasp. "My big brother!" I could see the small smile on Raphael as tears brimmed his eyes. "Oh...What was his name?"

"Raphael," Rapha reminded her.

"You know him?" Rosa gasped.

Raphael gave her a sad nod. "Yeah, he's told me stories before." Rosa smiled. "When you were a little girl, your family moved here from Mexico City, and you were terribly homesick. Nobody seemed to notice..."

"Except Raphael."

"And whenever you were feeling down...he'd sneak you up to the roof and...point at all the stars. And he said..."

"They're the same stars in Mexico," Rosa finished happily. I had a small smile when I started to remember being on the boat when I was with Valentine and looked up at the stars every night.

Raphael couldn't help but smile back. "Yeah!"

Rosa's smile slowly disappeared. "Oh...but then he ran away. He never said goodbye."

My smile slowly disappeared as I heard footsteps behind me. "Yes, because he decided to become a blood-sucking vampire," Stark said. "At least he doesn't sparkle. But he is more whipped than Edward."

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I'm just in your subconscious...mostly. You actually wanted me here." I rolled my eyes. "Hey, I'm telling the truth. Something in you wanted me here." I sighed as I looked up at the stars. Stark put his hands in his coat pockets before looking up at the sky. "What were you thinking of?"

"The stars." A small smile came to my face. "I was thinking about the time I was still on that boat with Valentine and the stars came out. I went up one night when everyone was sleeping. I would hope that Alec would be watching the same stars and hope that he's ok."

"I actually remember that night," he said. "You were standing there just looking at the stars...."

Flashback

I was getting homesick. I hate being homesick. But Valentine wanted me and Jace, so he got us. I know Alec, Izzy, and Clary are worried about us but Valentine let them walk away if Jace and I went with him. That's what we did and now they're safe. I just miss them terribly.  It's only been a few days and just...I just want to go back home with my family.

"What are you doing up?" I heard someone say behind me. I rolled my eyes.

"None of your damn business," I snapped as Stark walked next to me. I gave him a side glare. "What the hell are you doing up? Valentine send you to make sure I wouldn't escape?"