Worried

3rd POV

Izzy paced around the room. She kept dialing Sam's number, hoping she would answer, but she hasn't picked up. Sam has been MIA for the past two days. They were trying to look for her while looking for the Owl, who killed 7 mundanes.

Jace knocked on her room door. "Izzy."

"Did you find her?" She asked.

Jace shook his head. "No. Clary's calling Simon to keep a heads up. Alec and Magnus are trying to track her, but...it's a dead end."

Izzy sighed as she sat on her bed. Her head in her hands. "I knew something was up with her. Something felt wrong. She was going through a lot of stress. She was scared. I thought it was just wedding jitters." She let out another sigh as she shook her head. "I should have forced her to talk to me."

"Izzy, none of this is your fault. You know Sam, she doesn't want people worrying about her."

"She's my parabatai. I'm going to worry about her no matter what." She looked up at Jace. "How are you not worried? Or even mad? She kept this from you, too."

Jace pursed his lips. He looked at the ground before looking back at her. And since everything is out he should tell her.

"Not exactly," he said. Izzy gave him a confused look before it all came together. Izzy's confused look turned into rage as she rose up from the bed.

"You knew?! And you didn't think about telling me or Alec?!" she shouted.

"I promised her I wouldn't," Jace defended himself.

"Jace, this is serious. Sam's disappeared. Alec is losing his mind looking for her. This could have been avoided if you just told us."

"It wasn't my secret. And we thought we could have fixed this before she turned."

Izzy was more confused. "Turned? Into a dragon?" Jace nodded. "How? She didn't finish Stark's potion."

Jace sighed. "I know. But, somehow, something pushed the magic from the potion into her. Now she's having nightmares. She's hallucinating. This is bad, Izzy. And...I don't think there's a way to stop it."

"That's because you guys didn't have the extra help." And they didn't. Jace only read when he could, which wasn't much. The only help Sam got was from Lorenzo Rey. Neither even hinting that there's an antidote to end Sam's pain. "When will she complete her transition?"

"When her last rune disappears. And that's not the worst part."

Izzy crossed her arms. "What is?"

"Once Sam completes her transition...Stark comes back to life."

"Oh, my god."

"I know."

Izzy went around Jace and ran out the room. "Then we need to find her."

Izzy ran towards the heart of the Institute, Jace following her. Izzy went towards the monitors and began looking through the security footage. She had to fast forward the past two hours in hopes of catching Sam. When she didn't see her, she looked through it again. And again. And again.

Jace was either looking at the camera with Izzy or he would try calling his twin. Regret written all over his face. Izzy was right. Screw it being Sam's secret, Jace should have told Izzy, Clary, and Alec. Sam wouldn't have disappeared. The night she flew into the abyss, Jace started looking for her. He went towards her hangout place. The places she and Alec would go to. Hell, he even checked the balcony. Sam would always go there. It was her place with Alec. Clary had to force him to sleep and promised they'll find her.