The Houses

Last:
"These brooms are for a Wizarding sport called Quidditch. I'm sure Draco will teach you. He's on the team for Slytherin House. Which you were in Griffindor," he states pointing to the robes with the Lion on them.
####
"Gryffindor is the house of the brave and chivalrous. They also tend to be brash and reckless. Ravenclaw is the house of learning and wisdom. Common misconception is that it's only people who are super smart but its traditionally the for those that value knowledge. Hufflepuff is the house of loyalty and hard work. They are often seen as the weak house but they are probably the most interesting. Don't ever make them angry. Last but not least, Slytherin House. Our family have been in Slytherin for generations. Occasionally a Ravenclaw. Slytherin is the house of the cunning and ambitious. Slytherins also value self-preservation. Slytherin is greatly discriminated against. Slytherins are loyal only to their own. United against the rest of the school. "

"Slytherin is also known for its in house politics. Draco is currently Ice Prince or something. The 'King' is usually a 7th year and the highest rank. I do not expect you to climb that ladder unless you so wish. Draco would help you along the way as well. Even if you do not end up in Slytherin house, your Mother and I will still love you all the same."

"Now, enough of this for a while. You have a lot to think over. Let's get something to eat."

"I'm not hungry," I mumble. Years of starvation leads to a very small appetite.

"Well, you need to eat something after the inheritance. If you don't, it'll hurt you later. Your appetite will grow in time. If you don't eat you could shift into a creature form unconsciously and go hunt."

"Oh," is my meek reply.
××
Lunch was a quiet affair. Well, for me it was. We didn't leave until I had eaten at least half a sandwich. I do feel a little better afterward.

####
Sorry it's so short.