How?

Sorry I didn't upload earlier! I was a bit stuck! I would like to say thank you to all my beautiful readers! Please Vote, Comment, become a Fan! <3 <3 xxx

-Abbie :)

_________________________________________________________________

I woke for the second time and found myself on top of Alex. It felt good but weird at the same time. I didn’t remember what had happened last night. I sat up and he grunted but fell back in his deep sleep. My right arm was throbbing and I held it in my other arm. Slowly getting up I stretched my legs and yawned. It was dark in the room and the fire was out. The front room smelt like lavender not blood like it did last night. Last night. What happened last night? Think!

“Hey you’re up!” Alex stretched on the couch. He looked so good after sleeping. I half smiled.

“Um, what happened last night?” He stood up and walked over to me. He grabbed my hand and took me out of the darkness in the front room and into the light in the kitchen. Um, why was he holding my hand? I thought to myself. 

“First I’ll make you breakfast.” He said making me sit at the bench. I examined my arm which was wrapped in a bandage, there was a red patch and I picked at it. Alex pulled eggs out of the fridge and a pan. I decided to help so I plugged the toaster in and put four pieces in. He looked at me with a puppy dog face.

“I was meant to be making the food babe.” He said whimpering. Babe? OK then. I shook my head and continued. I frowned and out a hand on my hip. I starred at him confused.

“What?” He asked. He looked goofy, he was wearing a girls apron and had mitts on for no reason. I tried not to giggle but when he twirled around making the apron look like a mushroom I lost it. I laughed so hard my head started hurting. 

“Stop, stop! Ha-ha!” I yelled at him. He stopped and turned back to his cooking. 

“Where is he?” I asked picking at the toasted bread. He scraped the eggs onto three plates.

“Upstairs. He’s still resting.” He brought two plates over to me and I put on piece on one and two on the other. 

“Has he said anything? About who he is?” I said with a serious tone. He froze.

“He’s. My Dad.” My heart stopped. He rubbed his face. I couldn’t believe it. 

“I thought your parents were dead.” I said.

“I did too, and it’s hard to believe he is up stairs sleeping right now.” He paused. “Do you remember anything from last night?” He asked. 

I shook my head and he looked sad for a moment. He took one of the plates grabbed a fork and went upstairs. I stopped him.

“I’ll take it. What room is he in?” I asked. He looked up but his eyes were hiding behind his hair.

“Your room.” He said handing me the plate.

I climbed the stairs and entered my dark room. I turned the light on to see a man wrapped in my sheets fallen asleep. Walking over to the bed I put the plate down on my bedside table. The man was breathing heavily. 

“Hello?” I asked in a shaky voice. I nudged him a little bit to try to wake him up. He groaned.

“Mornin,’ what’s that smell?” He asked still eyes closed. 

“Breakfast.” I said staring at the scar on his face. It cut down his eye. He had a deep voice but it was clear.

“Give me a hand will ya?” He asked. I nodded and helped him sit up. The sound of cracking bones filled the room. I flinched at the sound. He tried reaching for the plate but I stopped him.

“No, not until you answer a few questions.” He rolled his eyes.

“Listen sweetie in case you hadn’t notice I had been in that vent for a year and I’m starving so if you just-” He moved forward but I held it away from him.

“I’ll give you the food once you have answered the questions?” I asked raising my eyebrows. He smirked.

“How about you give me the food and then I’ll tell you anything you want. I thought about it for a moment then gave up. I placed the food in front of him and instead of using the utensils he dug in using his hands. It was disgusting watching him howl down his food. Finally he was licking his fingers in satisfaction. 

“How did you survive?” I asked trying to get straight to the answer. He paused and I swore I saw a couple tears in his eyes. We were silent for a while then he broke it.

“I can’t answer that.” He said. I looked confused. He didn’t look up.

“Why not?” I asked crossing my arms.” He looked up at me with blood shot eyes and I took a step back. 

“You don’t want to know.” He said in a low deep voice. Another awkward silence. I shuffled in my spot. Ask another question I told myself.

“Why were you in the vent?” I asked shakily. He took a deep breathe and stroked his hair. I sat down on a chair in the corner next to the bed and nibbled on my nails, for I was about to be told the most horrific story I had ever heard in my life well that was what it was based on. My life.

__________________________________________________________________

Just if your a bit confused the story that is about to be told is the story of her life before she was put into the Orphanage :) I will update again soon! xxx <3

-Abbie :)