Chapter 2 - We want you Valentine

“We want you Valentine”

It had been two weeks since the Ranthrow’s first visited and they had been coming every second day since.

“Really?”

“Yes, we think your wonderful!” The couple said. We were sitting in the dining hall at one of the tables, Dianne had been taking a call at the time. 

“I-I don’t know what to say!” I said shocked

“Say yes, please we have always wanted a daughter” Rouge insisted.

“OK, yes I will be your daughter.” I said smiling 

Finally, for the first time in my life I was packing my bag with my two dresses and drawings. I had been waiting for this day for a long time ever since I came to the Orphanage. I would have a mother and a father! I was so excited I nearly peed my pants!

“Valentine! Come on girl don’t keep me waiting!” I herd Dianne yell from downstairs. 

“Just a minute!” I yelled back. 

“No Valentine now, you have been in there for 10 minutes what else do you need!” Can always count on Dianne to get impatient. 

I walked over to my bed and pushed it forward. Under my bed was a little trap door in the floor and in that door was my own little secret but now that I'm leaving it’s going to be someone else's. I opened the door and walked down three steps into a small room. In the room there was a little table that had one drawer, the walls were painted red and the only light came from my room. I walked over to the table and opened the drawer. There sitting at the bottom of a clear glass jar was a key. I pulled the jar out and propped it onto the top of the table. I took a second to make sure no one was watching, there was. He looked down on me like a shadow with his blood piercing eyes.

“I’m leaving you now, and I’m never coming back” I said staying frozen in his stare. 

I herd a croaky voice whisper in my ear 

“Where are we going Valentine?” 

“We aren’t going anywhere, I am going to live with my new family where I will be loved!” I had tears in my eyes, I wanted him to go away!

He started laughing softly.

“I love you, Valentine.” He said sounding a bit hurt.

“Go away you never loved me!” I shouted bursting into tears. “I did everything for you! I helped you!”

He stopped talking. He was hiding from me in one of the corners so I couldn’t see his face, only his eyes. I picked up the jar and walked up the stairs, I was about to close the door for the last time when he jumped from the corner onto my face.

“Ah! Help, Help me!” He gripped onto my face with his nails making me bleed.

I heard footsteps on the stairs coming up fast. Rouge opened the door and ran into the room.

“What’s going on, what’s wrong? oh..my..goodness!” Rouge ran over to me with her arms open and hugged me.

I looked around the room trying to find him but he was no where to be seen, the trap door was closed and my bed was back in it’s place. I saw Billy and Dianne come into the room with worried looks on their faces. I’m crying into Rouge’s shoulder.