Kill her first.

“Where the hell are gonna get the money?” Claudia yelled at me.

“You think I can just go up to my mum and say ‘Oh hey mum can I have $1028 so me and Val can go to Australia? No, we can’t tell you why were going because it’s a secret’ I can’t do that Val!” Ishook my head.

“Were not going to tell anyone only Alex.” I said

“Why Alex?” She asked.

“Because this has happened to him to I wanna know how he got rid of the thing that was following him.” I said sitting down at her desk chair. 

“Didn’t you listen to me! He still thinks it’s following him. It never left him alone.” She said. I shook my head trying to think.

“I’m going to talk to him.” I said and walked out of the room. I heard loud music coming from another room. It was like 10:30pm! I knocked but no one answered. I opened the door and walked over to the bed. No one was there, then I realized someone was in the bathroom. I walked over to the stereo and turned it off than knocked on the bathroom door.

“Go away Claudia!” He yelled. I waited a couple of seconds, my hands starting to sweat. He opened the door with a towel around his waist. 

“Oh Val, sorry I thought you were-” I cut him off.

“Look I need your help.” He raised an eyebrow and looked me up and down noticing the muddy clothes and at his towel.

“I don’t think this is the time to discuss-” I glared at him until he held up both hands as if to surrender.

“You know if this is about Beatrice I’m sorry.” He said walking over to his wardrobe. He made a gesture to say turn around, I did what I was told. 

“No, I’m not here for that. It’s about something that’s following me. A thing, I think he is trying to hurt me.” I said into the wall. Alex didn’t say anything. There was an awkward pause until finally he spoke.

“How long has he been following you?” I turned around to find him in only his boxers, I blushed deeply. 

“Since I, I was three. How long has he been following you?” His eyes widened.

“I’m sorry I don’t know what you mean.” He said looking around the room.

“Bullshit, I know that when you were little you had so much anger that it reflected onto a piece of paper, It happened to me too. Don’t deny it.” I said calmly moving forward. He took a step forward too. We stood face to face.

“Wait here.” He said noses touching. His breathe was warm. He walked out of the room and into the bathroom. I heard tiles move and he came back with a box wrapped in cloth. He unwrapped the cloth and opened the box. The box was full of keys at least ten and a teddy bear. I picked up the teddy and the head fell off. I tipped the box over and found a picture. It was a picture of a little girl drawing. I turned it over and on the back there was writing, ‘She is she whom likes to kill, kill her first or she’ll kill you.’ The girl in the picture looked so familiar. 

“Who is this?” I asked looking up at him.

“You know who it is Val.” I stared into the girls eyes and mine widened. My mouth opened wide but before I could say anything Claudia came into the room.

“Fine I’ll go, but it’s only because I want a tan!” She said triumphantly. She smiled but I had tears in my eyes. She frowned.

“What’s wrong?” I showed her the picture. She squinted her eyes so she could see. Her frown grew deeper.

“Why do you have a picture of me?” She asked. I looked at Alex.

___________________________________________________

I love cliff hangers! Working on the next chapter already! :) enjoy xx