52

"Percy, can you pass me the bucket?"

I tossed Kaldur one of the sand pails, before going back to my part of the castle.

Orin laughed as Kaldur fell backwards, trying to catch the bucket that sailed over his head.

I smiled and shook my head as Kaldur quickly went after the bucket.

"This was a good idea Orin." I looked over at him.

"It was this or sitting in the library and reading. For some reason I thought you would enjoy this more." He reached over and messed up my hair.

"You're gonna get sand in it!" I smacked his hand away.

"Percy, we're on a beach. Sand is going to get everywhere."

"That doesn't mean I want extra in my hair!"

Orin laughed.

Our sandcastle was coming along nicely. We had towers, walls, a keep, and a moat, which I was keeping the water from slowly draining away.

Unfortunately, it drew some unwanted attention.

"Hey babe, don't you think you'd have more fun with me than with these losers?"

I sighed. "Not really."

"Aw come on you-"

"Please leave her alone." Kaldur spoke up, not taking his eyes off of the sandcastle.

"Why? She's obviously just being nice to you. No way someone as beautiful as her would be building a sandcastle when she could be chilling with me."

Our sandcastle crumbled as the guy kicked it.

I looked at him, well I glared at him.

He was tan, toned, had blonde hair hanging down to his shoulders, and a shark tooth necklace. Very obviously a surfer.

"Now listen here young man." Orin stood up. "We came here to-"

"Leave it." I mumbled.

"See, she actually wants to hang with me. Come on babe." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "You can come watch me catch those waves."

I looked back at Kaldur as the guy pulled me along the beach.

"My name's Tyler by the way. What's yours?"

"Percy."

"Well, this is my stuff. I'm gonna go out while the waves are good."

He grabbed his surfboard and ran out into the water. Once he made it far enough out, he sat on his board.

So he wants big waves does he? I think I can help with that.

And I think I can toss in a few other surprises too.

I walked so the water would lap over my feet and I focused.

Water drew back, leaving a good portion of the seafloor closer to the surface. I could hear someone run over to me.

"Percy, what are you doing?"

"Having some fun Orin. Do me a favor and go keep the water from going too far onto land. I don't want to hurt people. I just want to scare this kid."

"So I'm guessing you're the reason there are sharks?"

"Yep. They won't hurt anyone. You know, unless I ask them to."

Even from this distance, I could see their silhouettes in the wave. A few find poked up through the water, but nobody else has noticed them.

"Just don't give anyone a heart attack." Orin patted my shoulder before running up the beach.

Tyler looked behind him before paddling forward and getting into position on his board.

It was only when a shark came up next to him did he begin to freak out.

I laughed as he wiped out.

"Shark!" Somebody screamed. "Everybody out of the water!"

It was a stampede, but I held my position, only leaving once Tyler had washed up alongside his board.

I slow clapped. "Good job. No really. You did great."

"I'd like to see you do better." He glared at me.

"I would, but unfortunately for you, I prefer free diving to surfing." I smirked and walked away from him.

I sat down next to Kaldur who was staring at the place where our sandcastle used to be.

"Couldn't you have done anything else?"

I rolled my eyes and flicked him. "It was already destroyed. Not like a contained tsunami could destroy it anymore than it already was."

"I meant the sharks. Now there are going to be questions over whether or not Atlanteans are bad luck on beaches because you know he had to have noticed my gills."

I grinned and leaned against him. "This is why you have..." I snapped my fingers. "A girl who could ask her dad to change that kids memories. Right Dad?" I looked over at the ocean which seemed to churn happily.

"I'm taking that as a yes. So thanks Dad." I laid across Kaldur's lap, sighing contentedly as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Your hair is soft." He commented. "New conditioner?"

"Whatever Mera let me have. It smells really good."

Kaldur just kept running his fingers through my hair, seeming to relax as he did so.

"Are you two ready to head back to Poseidonis?" Orin came back over to us.

"I'm ready to go if you are." I sat up and looked at Kaldur.

He pressed his lips together and looked away. "While we are by ourselves I wish to say something."

"What is it my son?" Orin knelt in the sand.

"The Team...they will no doubt ask more questions since they have seen some of Percy's memories. I am not sure I will be able to deal with them."

"Then do not return to them right away. You two are welcome in my home for as long as you need. And I am sure Lord Poseidon would be glad to have you and so would your mother. Listen to me, you do not need to return before you feel as though you can. That goes for both of you. If you two push yourself beyond d your breaking point..."

I sighed. "I'm not risking-"

"Not now perhaps. But in the heat of the moment, will you? If you are so low that you think about killing yourself again, will you decide that dying is worth it? Will you risk it, just so you will be able to end your life?"

So

I haven't updated in like forever but...

Eh, tennis consumes my nonexistent life.

And...

See yah