34

I sighed and flew into the kitchen, looking for Kaldur. He's seemed really upset and I thought that he might want some cookies.

He was sitting on the couch, staring at the television.

"Hey Kaldur? Do you want me to make some cookies?" I walked around so I could actually get a good look at him.

Kaldur's eyes flicked to look at me momentarily but the quickly focused back on the screen.

"So do you want cookies?" I tilted my head, sitting next to him.

He shook his head before grabbing the trash can on the floor and throwing up into it.

My nose wrinkled but I just rubbed his back as he shook.

"I am...fine." He forced out, spitting to get the taste out of his mouth. "Thank you for offering."

Connor

I walked out of the Zeta Tube, bookbag slung over my shoulder. Megan has cheerleading practice so she told me to come check on Kaldur.

"Hello Connor." Kaldur was looking through some more security footage.

"Should you be up? Last time I checked you weren't in very good shape."

"I will be fine." He assured me, pulling up some different screens, looking for any sign of Percy.

I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder. "You sure? I could look through this for you."

He shook his head. "Thank you, but I am capable of doing this."

Despite his fast heartbeat giving away just how not fine he is, I nodded and walked away.

Robin

"Any ideas?" I asked, looking at the healthy team members.

"We can't let Kaldur go with us. He may keep saying he's fine but he definitely isn't." Wally said, sitting up on the counter.

"Where is he anyway?" Connor questioned.

"Asleep on the couch. He fell asleep a half hour ago." Megan walked in, carrying a blanket that she soon draped over Kaldur. "More sleep than he's gotten all week."

"Don't you think it's a little fishy that as soon as Percy gets kidnapped that this starts happening to him?" Artemis fixed her ponytail. "If this happened two weeks ago, we could pass it off as the flu or something. But the timing is just too convenient."

"Percy definitely has something to do with it." I agreed. "Kaldur might be a good person, but he wouldn't tear himself apart over this."

Orin

I stood beside Diana as we watched the Team train.

Currently Kaldur is facing off against Artemis and he is holding up quite well all things considered.

At least he was until he doubled over in pain before falling to his knees.

"Kaldur!" Dinah rushed over and placed a hand on his back. "Are you okay?"

He tried to speak, but no words would leave his mouth.

"Aren't you going to help him?" Diana mumbled.

"Can't." My shoulders dropped as I stared at Kaldur.

My son...

He put a hand on the ground, trembling harshly.

"Kaldur we need to get you to the infirmary." Robin knelt beside him.

Kaldur just shook his head. "I...I am fine."

"Aquaman, do you want to help with this or just stand there?!" Dinah glared at me.

I calmly walked over and sat infront of Kaldur. "If you keep pushing yourself like this, you will not be going to retrieve Percy."

"My king-"

"This matter is not up for debate Kaldur'ahm. I am taking you to the infirmary and going to give you some medicine. Which you are going to take. Do you understand me?"

"But-"

"Do you understand me?"

He sighed. "Yes my king."

"Good." I stood before picking him up and carrying him.

"This is embarrassing."

"No more so than if you passed out." I opened the door before laying him on a bed.

Then I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed him some ibuprofen.

"Take this. I know it won't help but..." I sighed and handed him two pills and a bottle of water.

He looks horrible. That's about all I can say. Kaldur is having such a hard time breathing, his hands are shaking, and he's sweating buckets.

Bright side, he doesn't have a fever.

Downside, his oath is literally destroying him.

"We need to find her." He mumbled, staring at his hands. "I...I don't know how much longer she has...we have."

I pressed a kiss to his forehead. "We're going to find her. Besides, she's strong. And...for all we know...this could just be from you feeling guilty. Guilt is a dangerous thing my son. And it is very much capable of destroying you."

Percy

I laid on the ground, the bloodsoak sand crunched under me as I shifted.

"This would all be over if you told us what we want." Sportsmaster sat on the table, various weapons at his side.

My breath caught as he lifted some plants out of a bowl.

"But...since you're being stubborn perhaps you need a little more motivation."

As he walked towards me, I pushed myself backwards even though I knew it would do nothing.

"Open wide."

I clenched my jaw.

Then I screamed as he pressed down on one of my numerous injuries.

Whatever the plant was, was forced into my mouth. Sportsmaster pinched my lips and nose shut, forcing me to eat it.

As I chewed it, my mouth started burning and it soon spread to my throat as I swallowed.

The villain released me and laughed. "We have plenty of other things to try if this doesn't get you to cooperate. So don't, it's not everyday I get to torture to my hearts content."

Welp...I have plenty of stuff to work on

And...I wanted to try to show some of the other things Kaldur is going through from the other's perspective

And uh....

Uh...

Um....

Hm.......

See yah