SCP-6000 "The Blacklight Virus (UPDATED)

Item#:6000

Item#:6000

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Instances Of SCP-6000-2 is to be contained within the Red Zone of New York Zero. Any instances that try to get out of their containment are to be terminated straight away. Should any personnel display symptoms of SCP-6000, termination is to be used straight away. Samples of SCP-6000 are to be kept in a vile hidden from anyone except the O-5 council. Any electric based weapon are to be used in any specimens that try to escape in order to subdue the subjects. Should in outbreak ever occur, Mobile Task Force Delta-19: Blackwatch, are to take action and contain the threats immediately. SCP-6000-3, and SCP-6000-4 are to be kept in Area-14 with walls made out of Reinforced Titanium, and are to be fed on a daily basis. The containment cells are to be cleaned on a monthly basis, and personnel are to be wearing level-G hazmat suits to keep out infections of SCP-6000 from entering the body. SCP-6000-1 is to be contained at Site-17 by 5x5x5 meter room, walls made of titanium, with a laptop and a bed. D-class personnels are the only ones allowed to enter.

Instances of SCP-6000-6 are to be allowed with in the Mobile Task Force, Codename: Blackwatch.

Description: SCP-6000 is an evolutionary chimeric mutation-causing infectious agent that can reproduce only inside the living cells of other biological organisms. After infection, the virus "plugs in" and activates the 'junk' DNA in its victim, resulting in several biological changes that create (and recreate) sentience within the infected creature's cellular makeup. It acts by affecting the protein encoding regions of the promoter introns in each cell. As a retrovirus, it contains both RNA and the reverse transcriptase enzyme, allowing it to insert its own genetic codes into the host's cells. It enters, re-purposes and changes the cell, replicating previously dormant non-coding segments of the organism's DNA.

 It enters, re-purposes and changes the cell, replicating previously dormant non-coding segments of the organism's DNA

More often than not, these changes are too drastic and 99.99% of all infected organisms die from massive organ failure and cell saturation. However, few variants have yielded other beneficial results, endowing the infected organisms with incredible superhuman genetic prowess that greatly increase their natural abilities to levels far exceeding human capability, which would later than lead to the creation of the instance known as SCP-6000-1