Chap Fifteen: New Beginning.

My eyes opened when I felt pain explode in my head. I felt dazed, sensations were spiraling in me, I almost felt .. new, transformed, like I was not me. Everything around me felt different, sharper, clearer, better. But something was wrong. I felt a hand stroke my cheek and when I opened my eyes, I saw a man leaning over me. Puzzled, I tried to look closer and then I realised it was Antonio.

“What ..?” I whispered. My head was burning, it felt like it would go up in flames any moment.

“You transformed, you’re an archangel now.” Antonio said and then he smiled at me.

I didn’t understand what he said but when I opened my mouth to speak, pain seared through the right side of my face and in reflex I turned my head to the other side. I saw a man lying there, twitching and for a moment I forgot the agony and just stared, it seemed like I knew him, something about him was familiar, I tried to take a closer look but for the life of me I couldn’t move. For the last time, I tried to focus but just when I was about to look away his face looked turned towards me.

His violet eyes clashed with mine and everything hit me at the same time.

Ivan, it was Ivan! And the man looming over me was the one who was about to kill him. I snapped my head back at Antonio and he was still smiling at me.

“What did you do to him?” I snapped and his amusement grew.

“Ah, the promise of fire. Nothing but what he deserved.” Antonio said and then his hand shot forward.

“And..ie.” I heard a muffled exclamation and when I looked over at Ivan fury bubbled up in me, Antonio had done this to him. This time when I met his mine were full of anger, I think he saw that but instead of backing off, his eyes twinkled.

“Get away from me!” I said with all the strength I could muster and then pushed him.

I was shocked when I saw Antonio literally fly away from me and crash against the window.

“What?!” I was so chocked, I saw up and then I remembered his words.

I had transformed.

When I had seen Antonio hit Ivan like that, I had whished upon my angel and said ‘I do’ and then I had .. fainted.

“And..ie.” Ivan said again and then I stood up and walked over to him.

“Ivan, what happened to you?” I whispered and he shook his head.

“Go.. to .. Harry .. he’ll help you.” He said chokily and then groaned at me.

“You’re hurt, right?” I questioned and then I saw the scars on his arms. I looked at Ivan and he was looking at me.

I was one of him now and I remembered how he had stroked and healed my wounds and now when I was one of .. him, I could do the same thing.

I smiled gently at him and then stroked his arm, under my surprised eyes I saw the wounds disappear and Ivan closed his eyes.

“Adrianna.” He whispered clearly now and I stroked his mid-ribcage, his wounds were closing and Ivan had started to breathe more easily.

“It’s okay, Ivan, I’m here.” I said and then I saw his wings, they surrounded him like a sheet. Pure white and so serene. Involuntarily my hands went to his wings and I stroked them as well. And another shock of my life was when his wings got whiter still. They became absolutely plain, like snow and Ivan breathed out.

“Well, if you’re done playing first-aid, can we please talk?” I heard and whirled around. Antonio stood there, unarmed.

“What do you want?” I demanded and all the fury I felt came back, it was amazing how every emotion that I was feeling was coming to me with a full force. I wanted to hurt Antonio so badly, I wanted to rip his head-off. A while back if someone had said that to me I would have laughed in their face or cry but now I really wanted to kill him for hurting the only person I loved.