Chap Twelve: Don't leave me alone.

Ivan's POV:

I couldn't believe how selfish she was being right now. Did she realise how many people were fighting to preserve The Avalon for her? I was saving her arse every single time and all she can tell me is that she's not one of 'me'. That she's human and a failure. I couldn't hold on to my anger now and so I had said some mean things to her but I didn't regret them. And then I had banged out of her place. It was the last day of the month and I didn't want to hurt her in any other way. Being alone was the best choice.

But this was it. I wasn't taking this anymore. I've had enough of her insecurities and for a time I had understood, too. But now she was not ready to accept what she was. She wanted to remain human and face death from Antonio's hand.

Antonio.

Just thinking about him got a new wave of fury in me. He had the gall to come here and attack Adrianna. If it hadn't been for James then I would never had reached her in time. And she would have been locked up somewhere in The Abyss. I still remember the look of pure fear on her face and how shocked she had been when she had seen Antonio's black wings, the way she had bursted with profanities when I had told her that she was the only one who could use Phoenix. Why was it so hard to understand that she was the one? The heir to the Kingdom? That if she didn't go back with me in fifteen days then it means doom for the whole Avalon?

Why couldn't she understand that even if she believes in supernatural or not, they existed? They were all around her. Why couldn't she accept her fate? Was she so idiotic that she wanted to die? Was she suicidal?

"Dammit." I cursed and the vase on the bedside went flying across the room.

I was angry. Damned angry. I could feel my aura grow blacker by the minute.

I liked Adrianna, I thought she was different, she had the most colourful aura I had ever seen in my life and her green eyes had always caught me off guard. Somehow she always used to remind me of my home back in The Avalon and of .. Akira. Akira, the only women whom I had ever dared to love and Antonio had taken her away from me.

Thinking of Akira bought the pain back. My non-existent heart tightened in pain of betrayal. If I was granted one wish it would be to see Antonio dead. I wanted to be powerful enough to kill him, take revenge for what he had done to me and then kill Akira when her purpose was over and hurting Adrianna. But I couldn't, because he was more powerful and he had the power over Adrianna as well.

My glass followed the vase to the wall. Nothing could suppress the wrath travelling in me, it was building ready to burst anytime.

"What should I do?" I whispered to myself and sank on the bed. This was a dead end.

It had been years since I had been on Earth and no one on this planet had intrigued me more than Adrianna. Breaking every rule I had let her get to me, I had let her touch some corner of my mind and it had all been a mistake, I had sensed her fear, received her tears and subconsciously she had made her way under my skin, my guard had been down with her, she had been the one to make me forget the pain, with her even if she had cried I had felt happy but now she was betraying me just like Akira had done. Suddenly memories of her flooded my mind. I remembered the first day I had met her, she had been so frightened but yet she had stood up to me, I remember the black rose she still had, the way she had blushed at me, her hugging me, crying in my arms, she was the only one who had the ability to make my wrath go away, unintentionally she had crept up on me, I still remembered how lonely and sad she used to look all the time and how small things like playing ball would make her happy, how watching her smile would fill me with warmth, how mad she had made me by running away, how her eyes would widen. She was making me go crazy and if I wasn't careful then I knew this would grow into love, something I never wanted to feel again.