Chap Nine: Hello, my Love.

"Adrianna, wait." Ivan shouted but I couldn't stop running. My mind was in chaos. Questions were running through my head. Why? How? What? Could it be possible? There was NO way I could be one of .. them.

"Adrianna." Ivan voice was vibrating around me, letting my name echo from all directions.

"Shut up." I shouted at him and tried to run faster but my tears were blinding me now and I missed a log and fell over it.

I went limp, my face was buried in the sand and I just cried.

"Andie, are you okay?" Ivan asked me but I flinched away from his touch.

"No." I wailed in the sand and then I felt Ivan's hand clasp around my arms and he pulled me up.

"Andie don't cry, please." He said gently when he saw my red eyes and then his hands pushed the hair back from my face. And then he saw the tiny scrape against my arm.

"You're hurt." He said and concern flickered in his eyes.

"It's 'kay." I mumbled and started to touch the scrape when Ivan caught my hand.

"Do you trust me?" He asked in a low voice and I met his gaze.

"Yes." I whispered knowing it was true. I trusted him but I didn't trust myself.

"Then let me look at the wound." He said and raised my sleeve a little and I was frozen, his simple touch had sent a shiver down my spine and then he raised his hand and gently caressed my wound. As soon as his fingers stopped touching my skin my scrape was .. gone.

"How .." I couldn't even for a sentence. I just met his gaze and he smiled slowly at me.

"You can do that, too. And more." He said gently.

"Why me, Ivan? I didn't ask for this. I don't want this." I said and I saw his jaw tighten.

"Don't say that. You don't know what this world hold's for you. They're your family, Adrianna." He said softly.

"And I don't want to know. They just want me because there's a .. a war there." I said and more tears filled my eyes.

"Don't cry, God. I can cope with almost everything except sadness. Please." His voice changed and I could hear the .. agony there.

"Why do you care?" I whispered at him and his eyes darkened.

"I swear I regret being the one to tell you this, Adrianna. You're so feeble and sad. I can see it, Andie. I know how disappointed you feel with yourselves all the time and then to know that the life you have lived was a lie, I know it is tearing you apart. But you're strong. I know you are." He said and his thumb brushed my tears away.

"Don't give up, Andie." He whispered and I closed my eyes when I felt more tear's threatening to flow out. And at that moment I didn't care about anything, I reached for Ivan and hugged him tightly. He stiffened for a moment but I needed his support, I needed to feel the warmth.

"What should I do?" I whispered against his chest and for a moment he relaxed.

"Come back with me." He whispered back. I pressed closer to him all the earlier panic came back to me. What if I went and then failed them. Fail my mother. Fail Ivan.

I couldn't cope with this. I moved away from Ivan. I couldn't think when he was near me.

"No Ivan, the girl you think I am. I'm not." I said and this time we were near our apartment so I ran the way to my place and then closed the door.

For a minute I leaned against the door and took deep breaths. But then someone banged at my door and I jumped.

"Open the door, Andie." Ivan said and I groaned.