Chap Eleven: Explanations.

I took Ivan's hand and he like Antonio started pulling me in his arms. But he was gentle and for a change I was excited.

"Relax, Adrianna. And close your eyes." He whispered and I nodded, I was about to close my eyes when I remembered Antonio had my angel.

"Wait." I shouted and then ran to Antonio's fallen figure.

"What are you doing?" Ivan demanded.

"He has my angel." I explained and then leaned down and gently started slipping my angel back. Just as my angel was out Antonio moved almost giving me a heart attack.

"Jeez." I muttered and slid my angel safely to my pocket. This time when Ivan extended his hand to me, I didn't hesitate and placed mine in his.

"What are you going to do?" I whispered against his shoulder and I felt Ivan soothe the tresses of my hair with his hand. I shivered involuntarily. Even though I knew Ivan was not human I still didn't feel scared to be around him and after the first day all Ivan had ever done was help me.

"We are going to teleport. It is fun, just close your eyes." He said whisperingly. I nodded and closed my eyes. Again without intention my arms around his waist tightened.

"Don't be scared, Andie. We're home." He said and when I jerked back, I realised we were back in my apartment.

"How ..? What the hell." I muttered. All my illusions were breaking slowly.

"Magic." Ivan said and when I looked up at him, he had a little smile on his face. I tried to give one back to him, I did but I wasn't able to. I slumped and fell on the sofa.

Life was chaotic and nothing was impossible. I believed it today.

"Are you okay?" Ivan asked me. I bowed my head down and then shook it, ashamed of the sudden tears. I felt him move and then two large hands clasped mine in a tight grip.

"Don't cry, please." Ivan whispered and more tears threatened to flow down. I just couldn't get the image of Antonio with blood red eyes out of my mind. He had looked so dangerous, standing there with his black wings around him. I shivered at the thought.

"What is it, Adrianna? Are you cold?" Ivan asked worried and again I shook my head.

"Give me .. A .. Minute." I said chokingly, pushing him away and making my way to the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face and then looked at myself in the mirror. I was pale, deathly so and there were shadows beneath my eyes. I looked a mess. But then I always did. I turned around and just stood there for a minute or two not looking at anything in particular and then I heard the knock on the door and took a deep breath.

"I need some answers." I said as soon as I opened the door and Ivan nodded.

He followed me to the living room and then ordered me to sit down.

"What do you want to know?" He asked in a calm voice.

"Antonio is Sinclair's son." I said and he nodded, I felt his jaw tighten when I mentioned his name.

"What does he want from me?" I asked him and Ivan smiled a little.

"You always ask the worst question's in the beginning. Antonio is Sinclair's heir and so he will rule the kingdom if Sinclair dies. But now since there is a war between the sides one kingdom will fall and naturally Sinclair doesn't want it to be his .." He was saying but my mind was stuck at 'one kingdom will fall.' It could be my mother's. I cringed.

"What do you mean 'one kingdom will fall'? " I asked and his jaw tightened further.

"This war will only end when any one kingdom will be finished. And whoever wins will rule the whole world." He said and I shivered at his words.

"But isn't Sinclair's side evil? I mean bad and all so how can they win? They'll lose, right?" I questioned Ivan and again he gave me a bitter smile.

"He is evil but strong, too. Anything can happen, Andie." And didn't I know that!?

"That means your side can lose, too." I whispered and this time Ivan started walking towards me. He stood in front of me, forcing me to look up at him.

"Our side, Adrianna." He whispered and my eyes widened.

"Just tell me what does he want from me?" I all but snapped at him. Ivan sat down next to me.

"Antonio knows that the only weapon powerful enough to harm The Avalon is Phoenix. Phoenix was the sword of the first King of Avalon. It existed long before humanity came into being and everytime the King died, it blessed the sword with his powers. It's the most powerful thing in the whole universe and it belongs to The Avalon." He paused when he saw the puzzled expression on my face.

"But if the .. Sword is that strong then why can't you guy's use it?" I demanded.

"Because only you can use it." He said and I froze.

"WHAT?" I shrieked at him.

"Yes. As the sole heir only you can use it." He said calmly but my world rocked.

"Are you crazy? I'm a freaking .. Human! How can you expect me to .. To defeat hell and that to with a .. A sword?!?? I'm nothing like you guys! I can't teleport, I don't have wings!! I'm just human." I shouted the last word, horrified. What was wrong with Ivan? How could he even THINK that I would know how to use one!

"You're human because you chose to be. You can change whenever you want." Ivan said and my eyes widened at his words.

"Any .. Time!. How??" I choked out.

"You'll change when you accept what you are. Whenever you are ready just stroke the wings of your angel and say 'I do'."

"Oh my God." My eyes were threatening to pop out and suddenly the weight of my angel in my pocket was too much to handle. I raised my frightened eyes to his and almost screamed when Ivan gave me a little smile and nodded.

"What are you smiling .. At?" I demanded, totally out of breath.

"You look quite adorable when your eyes are wide like that." He said and my eyes widened even more.

What the heck!?

"Huh." Burst out from me and Ivan chuckled. He actually CHUCKLED.

"What is wrong with you?" I demanded and he sobered up.

"I'm sorry." He said and slowly I let my eyes get normal. Opening them wide like that was paining my sockets and then I realised Ivan had laughed because of me and I felt warm at that.

"So Now that you know, what will you do?" He asked me in a calm voice and the warm feeling died.

What was I gonna do? But the answer to this one was easy right?

"Nothing." I whispered and I felt Ivan stiffen beside me.

"What do you mean?" He demanded in a tight voice.

"I mean that I can't do anything, Ivan! I'm not one of you. I'm not! I don't have the power or the determination to be one and then this crap of me being the only one who can unlock the sword it's so not true, I mean seriously I can't do this, I don't know what's going on with you guy's but .." I stopped short when Ivan cursed and stood up.

"You you you. It's us, Adrianna! Everyday people give up their life to save OUR kingdom, to win over evil. For YOU. They want you back, Adrianna. But you don't care do you? You don't care that YOUR people are dying, you don't care if YOUR Mother dies in a battle. So be it. Don't come back but believe me somehow Antonio will get to you and then finally YOU will die. And remaining here thinking you are not one of us will be a bloody waste." Ivan was so angry, he strode towards my door and when it banged I jumped.

I was immobilized by what he had said. And then his words came back to me.

"You'll change when you accept what you are. Whenever you are ready just stroke the wings of your angel and say 'I do'."