Chapter 2

...

My Grandmothers study was...grand.

To my left and right were floor ceiling book shelves..to my left in front of the book shelves was a couch and a little side table and lamp.

A grey Persian rug on the floor and to the back was a huge mahogany desk and a expensive leather chair.

Behind that are floor to ceiling windows.. and heavy velvet curtains.. which were pulled back, allowing a beautiful view of the yard.

My Grandmother led me to her chair and sat me down, I frowned and looked at her she smiled tears sparkling in her eyes.

I held her hand, "What's wrong?"

"My angel is growing up too fast"

I looked at my Father, he set the briefcase on the desk, opening it.

He took out four folders and set them down in front of me.

I set them straight and looked at my Grandmother in confusion.

"Sweetie pie, you need to read these with your Grandmother. I have arrangements to make..."my Father whispered.

He nodded to my Grandmother and left.. I stared after him my heart pounding in my chest.

What the hell is going on?

Did I do something wrong?

Are they going to disown me?

My Grandmother sat down on her desk next to me and smiled.

"Read the first one"

I picked it up and opened it...our family's name was printed there.. on the first page...nothing else...

Blade.

I flipped the page and breathed deeply.

Name:

Emma O'Neil

Age:

45

Occupation:

Accountant

Hobbies:

Going on hikes. Getting out of her comfort zone, travelling the world and experiencing new and strange things.

The life that Emma wishes to have with Claudia(From Emma herself):

I just want to give you the life you deserve, We could do so much and have so much fun together. We could go on countless adventures and I know that the life that we will build together will be absolutely amazing.

Important aspects to note:

Emma's work may cause an issue.

.....

I looked at my Grandmother, "What the hell is this?"

My Grandmother put her hand on my shoulder and smiled, "My angel this has been going on for generations...you are to be presented with four suitors.. you have three months to get to know them..at the end of those three months you will choose one to marry, once you have chosen you have six months to plan the wedding and get married"

I was absolutely and utterly shocked.

What the actual fuck?!

Am I hearing this right?

I must be dreaming.. I cant be sitting here right now having this conversation...

"W-...What?"

She kissed my hand, "I know its a lot to take in but keep reading"