six - putting on the clothes

It was a gloomy day. Which seemed fitting for the situation at hand. 

Everyone was still trying to figure out who killed Cassandra, and until then ... the town was scared shitless.

Brooke was laying in bed listening to the rain hit the house. Luke was still sound asleep, his arm wrapped around her stomach and his face on her neck. 

The sound of his alarm started blaring and he groaned, snuggling more into Brooke.

"Wakey wakey." Brooke joked rubbing his hair.

"Why are you awake? Usually the rain puts you to sleep."

"I know, I really don't know what woke me up so early." Luke rolled over, sitting up to turn his alarm off.

"I gotta head to Allie's, wanna come with?"

"Yeah! Becca wanted to tell me something." 

"So you did make up? Saw you guys at movie night together."

"Yeah, she started crying and apologizing after the whole cafeteria incident. She thought that if I actually got shot she wouldn't be able to live with herself after how she treated me the last time we talked. I missed her so I am pretty happy about it." She smiled, now out of bed and changing. 

She settled on medium wash mom jeans and a forest green turtle neck. She did her hair in two dutch braids and put on some light makeup. 

"Ready?" Luke asked. 

"Just need my shoes from downstairs." She rushed passed him and went to grab her high top converse. "Okay, let's roll." She smiled.

Luke was the first one out the door. He has been since the murder, just in case someone was outside their door. The couple was goofing off the entire way there. They danced and were pretending to be animals, until they got to the front steps where Clark was keeping guard.

"Hey love birds, most of them are in the kitchen." He said quickly patting them down.

"Thanks man." The two went inside, and to the kitchen where Will, Grizz, Allie, and Becca were. Luke walked further into the kitchen while Brooke sat next to Becca.

"What's up guys?" She asked the tensed group.

"Harry's here." Will said. "He's talking to Gordie, he is either confessing or turning someone in."

They remained silent again, until they saw Harry leave the house. Gordie ran into the kitchen, his eyes wide.

"Hey turned someone in. Greg Dewey. He said Dewey did it."

"He said what?" Will asked.

"He said we have to look for a gun at Dewey's house."

"Dewey, like Greg? Hey are you seriously making a protein shake right now?" Grizz looked at Luke."

"No." He looked down before walking up behind Brooke and wrapping his arms around her.

"Why didn't Harry just come and tell us himself?" Allie sighed, sitting down.

"Harry is a fucking pussy." Will snapped.

"Why Cassandra? Greg didn't even know her. I mean, why would he care?" 

"Maybe Harry put him up to it, maybe he made him confess so he could take the heat off himself." Grizz thought.

"Like some deep mind control." Brooke pointed out.

"Right exactly."

"Do you believe Harry?" Allie asked.

"Look. It's gonna sound weird, but I do. When he came up to me, he seemed, like, upset." Gordie answered the leader.