five - drop by drop

Days passed, and Brooklyn has barely left Luke's room.

Luke, Grizz, Clark, and Jason were put in charge of digging the grave, so for all Brooke knew. She was alone.  

She was never close to Cassandra, only telling her good job after her shows or supporting her in all she did to make this new world the safest it could have been.

Now not only do the teens have a murderer on the lose, but no 'leader'. 

"Hey, I just gotta shower then we can get going to the funeral." Luke came in, peeling his sweaty blue shirt off. "Are you okay baby?"

"I'm just-yeah we'll talk after you shower." She nodded, not moving from her spot in bed. 

Luke looked at her, waiting for her to roll over to look at him. But when she didn't he went to the bathroom to quickly shower. 

Brooklyn decided to slowly start to get ready. She put on black ripped jeans and a olive colored sweater. She sat at the homemade vanity Luke made her on his desk and looked at her reflection. Her face looked tired with her dark eyes and sunken face. She was tired, she has not been able to sleep. She is scared that the murderer would come to their house left. Luke had not idea that she was running of four hours of sleep the past two days. 

She began to slowly cover up with concealer and foundation. Only adding a finishing powder and mascara after. 

"Alright, I am done. Now come sit." Luke sat on the bed, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. He was patting the spot next to him. She sighed, standing up and moving to sit next to him. "What's up?"

"I'm tired. I haven't been able to sleep."

"What? Why don't you wake me up?"

"Because it's not your fault."

"Why can't you sleep?" She sat their silently looking down at her lap. "I', not going to judge you, you know that."

"I...Cassandra was just the leader we needed. She kept us all safe and maintained order. Now she is gone, and the person that killed her is one of us. Someone we went to school with. How do we know they won't do this again?" She began to tear up looking at her boyfriend.

"Hey." He cooed, wrapping his arms around her. "You live in a house with The Guard. Nobody is going to hurt any of us."

"What about everyone else? Our friends Luke." 

"We're going to be okay. We'll figure it out."  She nodded. "Now brush your hair, we gotta get going." 

"Can you do it?" She asked looking at him. He smiled slightly and nodded. He was the one to stand up and grab the hair brush, and brushed out all her knots gently. 

The two got to the church and sat in a pew towards the front. Since The Guard had to carry her to her grave. A girl was playing her cello at the front as everyone slowly came in. 

"Get the fuck out!" She head Will raise his voice. The four guards stood up and stood looked at Allie's best friend confronting Harry and Campbell. 

Luke made sure not to stray to far away from Brooke. 

Everyone took a seat as soon as they saw Allie walk up to the podium. 

"My sister, Cassandra, was good. She was a good person. Um ... She was captain of the debate team. You didn't want to argue with her." She looked around at all the teens in the room. "Who did this? Huh? Who shot my sister? Why did you do that? We needed her!" Will was quick to go up there and grab his friend who was about to collapse. Brooke leaned forward, hiding her face as she began to sob. "I needed her!" She felt the boys next to her get up, meaning that this service was coming to an end.