The other world (p.2)

"Reports of this "dragon" and 150 deaths, were some of the first we received that were surprising, what is the status of this creature?" The space marine captain, Damos,  asked.

"The creature is still alive, we were unable to kill it, sir!" Manmar explained.

"So, you are ill equipped?" The Scholar Proginium representative, Gravis Yorn, asked.

"No, as it the beast was too tough for us to kill with las guns or stubbers, scales were harvested from an injury we inflicted with a missile launcher, the only weapon on hand that had an effect, bolters aren't the best, as it takes several repeated strikes to break one scale." Manmar explained.

"The scales did arrive, and upon testing, they are tough as astates Mark V armor, at a weak point, but also lighter." Tech priest Dragium said.

Lelei was brought to the stand. Many people looked at her. The ecclesiarch looked down with disgust, as the others looked with interest.

"State your name."  Gravis Yorn, said.

"Lelei La Lelena." She said.

"Do you speak high Gothic?" Ecclesiarch Sebastian asked.

"No, I have learned much of the Cadian form of low gothic, as few speak High gothic at the camp." She said.

"Uncultured swine." He said under his breathe.

"What are the conditions of this camp?" Corporal Thorx asked.

"We have water, food and shelter, restrictions for bathing are once a week. We are to care for those who have been injured with minor assistance. The work that is done will earn the workers pay, and the store built has aided our self sufficiency." Lelei explained.

"What? No issues, You sound as if everything you need is already given" He asked.

"They have, and we are beginning to work on farms for a tithe the quartermaster as explained to us." She said.

"Interesting." Captain Damos asked.

"Miss Marceau, please take the stand." Sebastian said.

"I am an elf from the forest of Lodo, Daughter of Hodrew, Tuka Luna Marceau." Tuka explained.

Both Damos and Thorx grabbed their weapons.

"To be clear, Miss Tuka, is not linked to the warp, she actually has no warp connection. Her appearance as an Eldar is only what we see, dissections of the remains of a charred corpse has a large difference in biology." Manmar said.

The 2 backed down, but they still had their guns on the table.

"What can you tell us about this dragon?" Dragium asked.

"I do not know much, I was unconscious when the battle occurred." She explained.

"Very well, next!" Sebastian said.

Rory walked to the stand, holding her cloth wrapped axe.

"State your name." Gravis said.

"Rory Mercury." She answered.

"Explain what your life is like in the camp?" Thorx asked.

"It's simple really, in the morning, when I wake, I pray, and then, then well I take some lives, then I pray, and when night comes, I go to sleep." She said.

"What do you mean, take lives? Is there an issue with crime?" Damos asked.

"I kill, I kill people for my lord's sake, He is the god of death. It's kind of his thing." Rory said.