Rumors

In a tavern, 4 knights sat at tables.

"What? They drove away a flame dragon?" Patrons asked.

"That's right, they sure did. I saw the whole thing with my own eyes." The waitress said.

"You're full of it." A man said.

"You are the worst lier." Another said.

"I'm not lying!" The woman said.

"You fell down, hit your head and had a little dream." A third man said, causing some laughter.

"So Norma, what do you think?" Hamilton asked.

"What do I think?" The knight said.

"Yep."

"The food is atrocious, and nothing's worst than the drinks." He said, looking at his mug.

"Look Norma, We are here to conduct reconnaissance on our way to Alnus hill, let's focus on the flame dragon." Grey said.

"Lower your voice. Go ahead Hemilton." Pina said.

"Yes, there have been a lot of talk on the streets, about a group of warriors in green, who evacuated the people of Koda village. And they say, the defeated a flame dragon." The knight said.

"Uhhhh, well, I don't know, wyverns, and drakes and anything could be mistaken for that." Norma said.

"I know a flame dragon when I see one mister." The waitress said, setting a flagon down.

"Ha, you've been drinking what you've been selling." Norma laughed.

"Laugh all you want, but I saw one." The waitress said.

"Ok then, the men in green who drove it away, what can you tell us about them." Hemilton asked

"Hmmmmm, not so sure about the details." The waitress said.

"I think you might remember." Hemilton said, showing coin, which were taken promptly.

"You know what, I think it's coming back to me." The waitress said.

"You are in for a most exquisite story in deed. They came the same day the dragon attacked, where nearly a one of us wouldn't have survived, they had a deadly weapons, ones that shot beams of light and even a crossbow that summoned explosions, but there was one even more impressive, a deadly fire spear made of iron, and they rode in a carriage made of iron, all clad in green, but, there was a big one, bigger than the rest, who was covered in green iron, a mage with a powers of the mind, and a creature with metal in it's skin, dressed in red." She said.

Pina and the 4 knights were surprised.

"Could you tell us more?" Pina asked.

"The man in iron, stepped out and was blasted by flames, but he was stayed standing, and walked through it. He carried a mighty hammer and a strange crossbow. It shot explosions out at the dragon, but, the weapon used, to damage to the dragon, a "rod of steel" did, it must be powerful magic." The waitress said.

"What does this rod of steel look like?" Pina asked

"Don't fain innocence, it looks like a rod, like a man's rod, but big, and black" The waitress joked.

The 2 female knights blushed, while the 2 men spit up their ale, or choked on a bit of meat for a second. Looking at the woman, she walked away.

"So, they have powerful mages." Pina said.

"Than we should be weary, we don't know what to expect." Grey said.

"What is our next location?" Pina asked.

"The city of Italica is between here and Alnus, it would be a great place to resupply." Grey said.