welcome to fatherhood.

eddy was on his way home from starbucks, where he spent the better part of his wednesday afternoon editing videos for youtube. he was tired, and wanted nothing more than to go back home, eat dinner, and go to sleep.

he was not expecting it to be a mess when he arrived.

it looked like a horde of zoo animals had invaded the apartment as soon as he walked in through the front door. chairs were sideways on the ground, meters away from the kitchen. pillows had somehow travelled from the couch to the floor, and there was even a small potted plant upside down on the coffee table.

there was a crash from what sounded like eddy's bedroom, and eddy called out into the wilderness that was now his apartment.

"brett? you okay?" he yelled, placing his laptop bag carefully on the floor, stepping over pillows to get to his bedroom.

he opened the door to his bedroom to see sheets strewn across the wooden floors, his bed a mess even though he had made it just that morning.

"brett, you in here?" eddy questioned.

suddenly, brett came flailing out from under the bed, looking disheveled and stressed, his hair sticking up in every direction.

"oh thank goodness you're home," brett sighed in relief, half of his body still under eddy's bed.

"what are you doing—" eddy began to question, but was cut off by a small, black, furry object darting across the room, moving quickly from the open closet, through eddy's legs, out of the bedroom door and down the hall.

"oh shit!" brett exclaimed, scrambling to get out from under the bed, his socks slipping on the hardwood floor. he moved to leave the room to chase after—well whatever that was— but was stopped by eddy who blocked the doorway with his arm.

"brett yang," eddy began slowly, his voice low, "what was that?"

"just—just give me one second," brett said, breathless. he pushed eddy aside and ran down the narrow hall, heading in the direction of the living room.

eddy stood in his bedroom doorway, stunned in pure confusion. he turned around slowly, taking a short glance at the mess that was his room. still silent in disbelief, he flicked off the lights and closed the door, walking down the hallway slowly, following the noises of commotion in the main room.

he walked in to see brett bent over across the room, picking up something off the floor and noticeably struggling.

brett turned around with a huff, and held none other than a small, black, squirming puppy in his arms.

"eddy," brett started excitedly, somewhat out of breath, "welcome to fatherhood!"

-

the room was silent, and eddy's jaw dropped to the floor as he watched the puppy snuggle into brett's arms.

"you, you got a puppy?" eddy asked in staunch disbelief.

"look at him!" brett said, holding the puppy up with a wide smile, "his name is mozart, mo for short."

"what—when did you—why," eddy was at a loss for words, and couldn't wrap his mind around what in the world had happened in the few hours he was gone.

"well we had talked about adopting a dog together, y'know, and i figured what better time than now?" brett said, beaming.

they had certainly talked about getting a pet, that was true, but they had never decided when, or if it would even be a dog. eddy was thinking more along the lines of a fish, or even a cat, something easy to start off with.

"isn't he cute?" brett asked, holding up the puppy for eddy to hold.

now, eddy might've been shocked, and most definitely confused, but even he couldn't resist the shorthaired little puppy in front of him.

"he's adorable," eddy replied, his voice taking on a much softer tone as he took the puppy into his arms, his large hands engulfing the little dogs' body.

"he's a bit of a troublemaker," brett said, resigned as he looked at the state of their apartment.

"yeah, that's your job to clean up," eddy said absentmindedly, watching mozart as he let out a big yawn in eddy's arms.

"i deserve that," brett responded, giving mozart one last pat on the head before he started picking couch cushions up off the floor.

it was going to be a long night.

-

a/n: can you believe i wrote this like a week before brett posted this gem on his instagram story?

my mind is so powerful :o !

(i haven't stopped thinking abt this photo since he posted it)

brett and eddy need to adopt a dog together and that's that .