11

Sandra answered Greg’s call on the third call. “Good morning Greg. What can I do for you this very early Saturday morning? Kasama ba ito sa bet natin?”

“Hi Baby. Good morning.”

“Haaaay… here we go again. What do you need?”

“What’s our plan for today?”

“Ewan ko sa ‘yo kung anong plans mo but I have to go home. I have relatives arriving today from Canada. Doon muna ako sa pamilya ko ngayong weekend.”

“The whole weekend?”

“Yeah. I’ll just see you on Monday sa office. Hindi kita maisasabay ha kasi sa bahay ako manggagaling eh.”

“Ganun ba?”

“Bakit, ano bang plano mo?”

“Wala pa naman. I was actually hoping to spend time with you.”

“Talaga lang ha. Hindi ka pa nagsasawa sa akin? Buong linggo na tayong magkasama ah.”

“Nope. That’s never gonna happen.”

“Yes naman Greg. Talagang ibang level na ang friendship natin ha. Hindi na tayo magkaaway ngayon, we’re really friends.”

“I know,” he said. “I was hoping to take it to the next level,” he added in his head.

“So paano, I gotta go. I need to get ready.”

“Ah yeah. SIge. I’ll see you.”

“Bye,” she said then ended the call.

“Palpak na naman. Kaya ko bang tiisin ito hanggang magkita ulit kami next week?” He stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before finally deciding to talk to her before she leaves. He even told himself that the time away from each other will give her time to think about it if in case she needed to.

He hurriedly got up and took a bath. He even made coffee and placed it in a thermos to give it to her. Excited s’yang kumatok sa pinto ng condo ni Sandra.