The Great Water Gun Race

What I picture the new character to look like>>>>>> NEW PICTURE OF JASPER UPDATED 12/23/12

Life's A Beach: Chapter 7: The Great Water Gun Race

"Turn that off, Luca," I huffed the hair out of my face and slapped the power button to the blaring radio for the hundredth time.

I made sure to shoot him my nastiest glare over my shoulder. Maybe a little too nasty, but it was annoying when people touched my stuff. Especially my radio, but it finally paid off.

 "Your face is gonna get stuck like that." Luca mocked and tapped under my chin.

I sharply sighed and gripped the steering wheel tightly. I had a feeling he was never going to let it go. I mean the dent in his Jeep. That's why I was chauffeuring him around, of course. He had it coming for him, trust me.

"Where to?"

"Take a right, Mars Bar." Luca jabbed his thumb towards a full parking lot on the beach and pinched my cheek playfully.

"Ow." I grumbled even though it didn't hurt.

I just hated that nickname.

After mentally plotting a way to get back at him, the idea finally sprung into action. I jetted into a empty parking space as Luca unlatched his seatbelt calmly. I stomped down on the breaks causing his body to jolt forward and smack his forehead against the windshield of the clown car.

I couldn't help but laugh in his face like a giant jerk. I have to admit, it was kind of necessary.

"Dammit." He sucked in his breath while clasping a hand over his head.

 "It happens." I grinned deviously while soaking up my well earned victory.

I used my line against him.

"How long is this gonna keep up?" Luca painfully stroked the bump growing on his forehead.

"Until I get my ankle bracelet." I protested while twirling the friendship bracelets on my arms.

"Seems like you have plenty." He leaned over, with his face just inches from mine, and slid a finger over them.

I could feel his cool minty breath blow across my cheek. My heart was hammering through my ears and my body clenched up. I was just an inch away from his parted lips which made me even more nervous.

"They aren't ankle bracelets." I finally answered but it sounded more like a question.

I felt like I could explode from anxiety right then and there. His clear eyes, which were locked onto mine, finally snapped away.

"Well, we need to find a way to get even because I'm not buying you a stupid bracelet." He shoved his fingers deep into his hair.

"And I'm not buying you a whole new car door, besides, you owe me first" I grumbled like a little kid and crossed my arms.

"Whatever, let's go." He demanded and stepped out of the car closing it behind him.

I let out a giant sigh while yanking out my keys and followed behind Luca who was already way ahead of me.

My shoes sunk into the dry grainy sand as Luca lead the way towards the boardwalk. A faint hum of fast paced music buzzed in the distance and the glowing carnival rides lit my path. The thick salty ocean air swept through my sweater and stung my cheeks pink as I stumbled after him. My wild hair flickered on my shoulders, and what once were dark shapeless blobs transformed into actual people.