Carnival Flop

Lif'e's A Beach:Chapter 5: Carnival Flop

"Aunt Nelly, can I please leave? This isn't fun anymore." I whined into my phone and expected Luca and Sydney to get off the Ferris Wheel for the fifth time.

It was five o' clock already and the crowds of people at the carnival were thinning. I was planted in front of the lengthy line as couples shimmied by joyfully. The worker who ran the romantic ride looked pissed that I was lingering near them, for what felt like, forever. I didn't get to ride anything at all, but just stand there and hold their belongings.

"Mars Bar," She scolded. "I really need you two to bond if you're going to be living together."

"Oh, he's bonding all right." I huffed and glared at the gigantic ride pivoting sluggishly.

"Look, I know he's in your way, but you gotta adjust." She advised calmly

"He isn't in my way."

"Oh," Nelly paused filtering my words. "Is Sydney there?" She chirped.

Oh great, Nelly already knew about her. Point for Sydney.

"Yeah." I lowered my voice and observed my new bracelet from Axel.

It was a sweet pick. Black and blue cords of thread were weaved into a loom of bracelet and it stood out from the others piled onto my arms. The rest were all faded and worn, but the new one stuck out amungst the others.

"She's a sweet girl." Nelly chimed on her side of the receiver.

Another point for Sydney.

"Good to know." I sighed as Luca exited the ride hand-in-hand with Little Miss Gorgeous and her curled auburn hair bounced dramatically in the wind.

Sydney's sparkling jade eyes were clearly visible from where I stood. Shiny pink lip gloss was obviously smeared all over Luca's lips from their extended make out session. She seemed like a nice girl and she wasn't bad to look at either, but I just didn't like her. Her pearly white smile matched his as they continued their conversation and trotted over.

I felt completely invisible in front of them. I hated it.

"I'm on my way, kid." Nelly spoke reassuringly and ended the call.

~~~

"Come sit with us!" Nelly begged with her eyes glued to the humongous flat screen television with Luca propped next to her on the fancy sofa.

"I'm not watching anymore trash T.V., Aunt Nelly." I scowled from on top of the marble kitchen counter.

They'd been watching the same show for hours. A never ending series about insane fake housewives that she bought on DVD at the dollar store. It was already midnight and the plot was horrible and aimless. It wasn't even worth a dollar, let alone even, be sold in stores. It was that bad.

Luca seemed to manage it though. I guess staring at a screen was easy for him. 

"Pleaasee." she whined snapping away from the screen while batting her big brown eyes like a little kid.

"Fine." I hopped down and slumped  into a distant chair far enough away from them.

"What's wrong Marley? I don't bite." Luca chuckled and nibbled his stained pink lips.

He probably already bit all over Sydney. Gross. He still didn't bother to wipe her lip gloss off of his lips either. Such a man whore.

He wasn't giving up either because he patted his hand on the vacant cushion next to him.