Selfish.

Hello! Special dedication to @sstephaniiee she made some lovely covers for me! I have one in the media so check that out! She's awesome! (: Enjoy. I also changed the main cover which I edited. Beware this chapter is very dramatic and all over the place. If you are confused let me know and I can help.

Life's A Beach: Chapter 17: Selfish.

"Luca, wait!" I called while accidentally kicking over one of the bubbling beer bottles onto Cori's lap and peach guitar

I felt the hat fly off of my head and get whisked away in the wind like a grain of sand.

Strum strum strum.

Luca walked a lot faster than I could, and I huffed trying to steady myself in the crumbling sand. Jasper sped up when he spotted a frantic me.

Oh, no.

Jasper had no idea what was coming. He didn't even take one glimpse of the ticked off Luca storming right after him like a giant moving target.

Jasper's familiar jade eyes were glued on me and I saw his breath evaporate into thin air at the sight of me. The eye contact made me freeze in my tracks. A charming smile pulled across plump lips and his hand rose to wave at me as he continued walking over.

Step, step step.

No. No. No. 

Strum. Strum. Strum.

A tingly feeling erupted in my stomach and a dry patch grew in the back of my throat. No matter how hard I tried to swallow, the feeling grew stronger. Every second ticked slower than the first and my palms grew sweaty at the thought of what was brewing.

Just as I rose my hand to wave back, Luca's fist crashed into the side of Jasper's mouth.

Time flew forward at lightning speed again. The sounds pierced my ear drums and all senses returned to me.

"No!" I screamed and sand flew everywhere as I sprinted over to the fighting teens

Jasper recovered fast as if he'd gotten into plenty of fights before. His hand pressed against his  bottom lip and wiped the fresh blood with his thumb quickly. A bone chilling smile was spread across Luca's face and a low grunt erupted in his throat. Jasper had given him a crunching hit to the nose.

"Stay back, Marley." Kendall pulled on my arms as I lunged forward "They will work this out. This isn't the first time this has happened."

What did he mean this isn't the fir-

"You're only going to hurt her, Luca. Like all the other girls!" Jasper shouted before Luca landed a shocking blow to his eye

Jasper swung a right hook back at Luca's eye and the sound of bone on bone rung through the air. They both were equally wounded at that point. Blood streamed from Luca's nose, Jasper his lip. Both of their eyes were purple.

I pretended that I didn't know what they were talking about. I pretended it wasn't me. I didn't want to be the cause of the fight, but I knew I was.

A crowd began to form. The volleyball players stopped, the sunbathers rose to their feet, and watched the scene. Even the music that was playing from the speakers cut off and the only sounds were the spitting ocean and the boys screaming down each other's throats.

I stood back nervously and Kendall pulled me into his buff arms defensively. It was weird to have friends so suddenly, but at the moment, I trusted him. Cori soon ambled up next to us and I felt her grab my hand in hers protectively. Her big pistachio colored eyes gave me a bit of comfort. The guitar was no where to be seen. The song name was the last thing on my mind.