Chapter 82: (Even) Rock Stars Have to Listen to Dad Lectures

Okay, I know alot of people wanted to see Street, Matt's, Kat's POV, but I feel as though...we need to focus on Trace and Kat's POV before we spiral. In this chapter, we have the father and two sons and I think we definitely see what all three are thinking, although I'm sure Matt is feeling much more sadness than he's allowing to come through in the conversation. 

I like the song above, mostly for the lyrical mood it creates, I imagine the dark, despairing edge to this song is what Trace feels, being locked in the bedroom for all these hours.  BTW, I don't really think it was twelve hours...just seemed like it to him because they took his phone...

Trace

I'm standing by the window, contemplating for the hundredth time a very risky escape out onto a very steep roof—but the problem is, this fucking mansion is several stories high and there's no way off the roof that I can see—when the door opens quietly and Matt walks in. I see him in the reflection of the glass.

He's coming towards me, but he stops as I turn to face him.

"Fucking hell, Trace." His voice is completely controlled. If he's angry, I can't tell. "I expected it to be bad, when I saw Street's fists, but...fuck." He strides forward more quickly, reaching out a hand to my face. I flinch before he makes contact, then brush his arm aside with a swift move.

"Look...don't...don't touch me, okay? I'm not...I'm not calm," I say, backing up, holding my hands up to him. "Just...keep your distance. Let the cops do what they gotta do and I'll do what I've gotta do, and shit will shake down how it shakes down."

"Cops?" Matt says blankly.

I hook a thumb. "I can see the fucking blue lights down there. Who the fuck is that guy out in the hall, anyway? Never saw him before he and Ben threw me in this damn room. Some kind of tail you have on Row?"

Matt's mouth has been hanging open since I said cops, but he closes it and rubs his jaw. "His name is Anthony. She's on a long leash, but she has a panic button," Matt gestures at his wrist, to indicate one of Row's bracelets. "She walked in on the fight you and Street were having and pressed the button. He was in a car outside. Good damn thing too," Matt grumbles, still looking at my face, his upper lip spreading in something that looks like disgust. "Jesus, Son, I think you're going to need a plastic surgeon," he tries to remove the ice I'm holding over my left eye but I move around him.

"Let's just fucking do this, okay? I don't want to go the hospital first, I want to go downtown if you're pressing charges. I will bounce right the fuck out, you know," I warn him.

Matt sighs and crosses his muscular arms over his black t-shirt. "Trace, nobody is going to jail. This is not a police matter. This is a family matter."

"Then why the fuck do you have your man keeping me here!?! Why did you bring the cops!?!?" I yell at him.

He holds up a hand to calm me. "The cops gave me an escort from the airport. So I could get to you and your brother as fast as I could, because I knew you'd be pissed, with Anthony keeping you here. Street, too...one of your guys is on him, thankfully. But I can't have you two walking away from this. You don't try to work it out now, you might never work it out. And this...this is on me. I haven't handled this right—the two of you. This is not about a girl."

"You're wrong, on my part," I tell him. "It's always been about the girl, for me. I got to get to her, now, do you understand? She got hurt, in the fight—I don't know how, I don't know where the fuck she is, how bad at is—"

Matt sighs. "Kat's at the hospital, with Riley and Leed."

My stomach turns over. "Hospital? Oh god...I couldn't see where she was hurt...how it happened...I swear to god, I didn't hit her, I know I didn't hit her..."