Chapter 35: Bad Girls Don't Give A F*ck About Cabinentry --Radio Edit

This is the Radio Edit --a censored sex scene.

If you want the Album Cut (the full explicit love scene) you have to go to the companion work, called SOUNDCRUSH EXPLICIT and find the chapter URGENT Chapter 35: Bad Girls Don't Give A F*ck About Cabinentry--Explicit.

Got it? Good! Please don't forget to scroll through and vote on the radio edit, if you are heading over to the album cut! Thanks!

Okay, a few more notes: I chose the unknown musician playing the cover of "Beneath Your Beautiful" to approximate the song Adam writes and plays for Mac in this chapter. I mainly chose it because I think his voice is about the same timbre as Adam's, and he sort of looks like a slightly younger version of Adam. I think our Adam is a talented guitarist, and we would see more finger work than just these simple chords our friend plays above.

Another note: I've tried to post an external link to a real estate listing that inspired my vision of Adam's house. Sometimes these links don't work. If it doesn't work, you can private message me if you are interested in seeing the pictures!

Mac

Being with Adam here in LA is not like being on tour. On tour, the guys are always around, giving Adam shit about us, me egging them on, while Adam good-naturedly ignores us all. On tour, most days we keep to the relentless schedule. My main interactions with Adam are either band stuff or him trying to make sure I'm fed, watered, rested, happy, and balanced, and me trying to tolerate his attention as goodnaturedly as he tolerates all the shit he takes about banging me. On tour, we are bandmates 12 hours a day, lovers in stolen moments, and parents-to-be in secret. It makes it easy not to think about the future.

Here in LA, for the first time, it feels like we are a couple. We are staring at each other from opposite ends of the limo seat, hungering for each other, and for the first time ever, I'm looking forward to going home with him. Being with him in his house has always scared the shit out of me before, because it's feels too...intimate.

Adam's place is not like Trace's place...all Hollywood Rock Star Mansion cool. Being at Trace's place, you feel like a jam session or an impromptu A-list party could happen at any moment. Like Matt del Marco might drop by to say hi and suddenly of all Skid Marcs could be there, messing around in the studio. And this was even before the father-son reveal. Trace's connection with Skid Marcs has made for some crazy nights at his place with the Old Guard of Rock Stars. One night Trace called us all to come over and we waded through the party of famous people to find him having coffee in his kitchen with Stephen Tyler, who apparently doesn't drink.

It's not like Leed's place either—which is admittedly cool as shit. Completely contemporary with trees growing in the middle and filled with geodes, crystals and fossils that the Smithsonian probably sold him. My brother is the only person I know that will spend eighty thousand dollars on a six foot tall rock filled with trilobite fossils and quartz, but I'm not complaining. That vibe it lends to the yoga studio? Unbelievably centering. Living with Leed is like living in a spa. But his poolside is the perfect place for a party—so we throw our share, too. Mostly for the SCIC, though.

And Adam's house is least like Bodie's house. His more closely resembles a Dave and Buster's than a home. Bodie actually has the biggest house, because he continually hosts a rotating troop of visiting family and friends from back home, and it's packed with all kinds of stuff to keep them amused-media rooms, rec rooms, sport courts, a pool full of cheap Target floats, a kitchen always stocked with catered food from barbeque and tex-mex places. Tamara lives with him full time, along with a roving troupe of their cousins, aunts, uncles, etc old high school and college friends. Bodie is so laid back, he loves the continual family reunion at his place. When he wants privacy to take a lady home...he takes her to my old condo, that I sublet to him for the price of always picking up my tab whenever we go anywhere together. He thought it was a good deal until I tricked him into attending fashion week in Paris with me last spring.